How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
How to save money on your move to Spain
Emigration is a big step - make sure the money you take with you when you move to another country is worth as much as possible.
When you’re moving to another country make sure the money you take with you is worth as much as possible in your destination currency. A process like emigration requires as much assistance as possible. We can help you transfer your funds at the best possible exchange rate when you’re making the move to another country.
We can assist you to maximise the value of any large transactions you make such as house purchases and transfer of investments, and we can also establish a regular overseas transfer plan if you will be sending monthly payments to your chosen destination.
When putting the topic of emigration under discussion, you’re making the decision to move to another country. It’s a daunting step and you want to make sure you maximise the quantity of funds you take with you. We can help you to find the best possible exchange rate so you arrive at your new home relaxed in the knowledge that you have benefited from our expert market knowledge and have the money you expected to start your new life abroad.
We also provide a service for those wishing to send a regular payment from the UK to their new country of residence. Whether it’s a pension, savings or an income, we can set up a regular payment plan which gives you the freedom to just focus on the upheaval of emigration, without unnecessary financial anxiety. You can relax in the knowledge that the money you need each month will be sent to your local account, wherever you are living.
Those who are studying or working abroad rather than having made a permanent move can also benefit from our highly competitive exchange rates, easy transfers and regular payment plan.
Those considering emigration are advised to register with Currencies Direct so you are ready to trade when the time comes to make your big move. Registration is completely free and there’s no obligation to trade but you know you can access our services whenever you are ready. Once you are a registered client you can ring up your dealer for a live quote or ask them to watch the market for you. Our rate-watch service frees you up to focus on the paperwork while we watch the market for the rate at which you would like to transfer your funds.
Case Study : The Borthwick Family Saved £8650 when they emmigrated
Having spent many happy holidays abroad over a 20 year period James and Patricia Borthwick decided they would emigrate and enjoy the outdoor lifestyle more permanently. They have settled in Portsea, a holiday town outside Melbourne where James was able to secure a post as a chef prior to their departure.
“Luckily we had a good nest egg of savings and could sell our UK property for a reasonable price. Using the services of Currencies direct has been a godsend. As you can imagine we had a lot on our plate sorting out schools for the children, buying a property and completing all the paperwork so we wanted to transfer our money with the least amount of hassle. We really appreciated the patience of our personal dealer who explained everything in detail so there were no unexpected hitches along the way. He also kept an eye on the rate for us so we moved our sterling to Aussie dollars at the best possible time. “
“We also got a quote from the bank and I calculated that we saved at least £8650 by using Currencies Direct. This was a significant saving which covered the costs of our flights to Australia as well as funding the purchase of a car when we arrived. We might need to send some money to the UK from time to time and we will certainly use the services of Currencies Direct.”
Although a different currency, the same lessons apply when exchanging into Euros and moving to Spain.
Click Here to find out how much Currencies Direct could save you .
Comment on this Blog
More Blogs By Keith Spitalnick
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Currency Exchange : International Payments
- Currencies Direct : Our Regulatory Info
- Currency Exchange and Telegraphic Transfers
- Forward Currency Exchange Contracts Explained
- Manage Your Currency Exchange Risks
- Overseas Currency Transaction and Settlement solutions
- Currencies Direct : Your Transaction In Safe Hands
- Currency Exchange - Our Online Payment Platform
- Currency Exchange When Emigrating
- Rectifying Inaccuracies With Your Nota Simple
- The Risk of Rainfall Erosion to Your Property in Spain
- What is a Cedula, and why do I need one ?
- Bank Charges in Spain
- Buying an Existing Business
- Things to consider when buying an Off-plan Development
- Flat Roof Problems on Spanish Properties
- Do I Really Need a Survey When Purchasing a Spanish Property ?
- How to react to damp in a Spanish property
- Court valuation of Spanish Properties
- Applying for a Business Loan
- The AIPP's top 10 of 'what not to do' when buying a property in Spain
Blogs From Currencies Direct
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- King positive over economy
- USD Rallies On Chinese Data
- BOJ Eases Monetary Policy
- Risk on continues this week
- Fed calms markets, but can it last?
- Markets in risk mode as Bernanke opens floodgates with QE3
- Donating in July and August 2012. How did we do?
- UK unemployment falls
- Decision day in Germany
- Markets in a lull as Fed meeting awaited
- Markets Subdued As Focus Moves Towards Greece
- UK GDP - Upward Revision Expected
- MPC Members Look To Further QE
- Markets Cautious As Eurozone Contracts Further
- Little Movement As Markets Take A Breath
- The Red Dragon Loses Steam
- Unlike The Olympians
- Markets Upbeat On Euro - Anticipation Of ECB Action
- EUR/USD Holds Firm