How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
UK Stocks - Factors to watch on Jan 29
Britain's FTSE 100 is seen opening 4-14 points higher on Friday, gaining slightly after sharp falls the previous session, as investors await U.S. gross domestic product data to gauge the health of the global economy.
The blue chip index is seen opening as much as 0.3 percent higher after the index closed 1.4 percent lower at 5,145.74 on Thursday, its lowest close since early Nov. 6, weighed by mounting concerns about the pace of global recovery.
A Reuters survey predicted that U.S. GDP expanded at a 4.6 percent annual rate, up from 2.2 percent in the third quarter.
If the number, due at 1330 GMT, comes in much weaker than expected, however,it could see a return to the jitters which have sent the UK index down 4.9 percent in January, its worst month since last February.
Ahead of that investors will watch Nationwide house price data for January released at 0700 GMT for clues on the state of the UK economy.
Consumer confidence in Britain rose in January, driven by improving optimism over the outlook for the economy and personal finances, a survey by GfK NOP for the European Commission showed on Friday.
* Wall St slides on tech results, global worry
* GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks slide on tech, Greece's woes
* Tokyo's Nikkei share average closes down 2.08 pct
* Euro losses mount, yen firm with sentiment edgy
* Oil steady near $74 as U.S. growth forecast to quicken
* TREASURIES-Rise in Asia as regional stocks fall
* Shanghai copper down 2 pct on credit worry, dlr
* Gold off 3-mth lows, eyes on stronger dollar
UK stocks to watch on Friday are:
The new chairman of the oil major could announce a replacement for the former non-executive director, Tom McKillop as early as Friday, The Times reported.
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
A Philadelphia-area real estate developer has sued the Citizens Bank unit of RBS, claiming the bank had jeopardized a $700 million project to redevelop a steel-plant site on financing commitments.
Director Paul Anderson, who helped orchestrate the merger of BHP with Billiton in 2001, will retire from the board on Jan 31, the company said on Friday. He has accepted an invitation to become a director of BP, BHP said.
F&C ASSET MANAGEMENT
The company releases Q4 trading update.
The company releases its full-year results.
The company holds its annual general meeting.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Consumer Association Slams Internet Providers
- Spain to continually monitor convicted abusers
- Vodafone lead race to launch 4G in Spain
- Spain's PP local election landslide : 2 years on
- AENA report on Corvera Airport viability slammed
- Alhama de Murcia invites Paramount appeals
- Castellon Airport Director Sacked
- New Arrival at San Javier - But what about Corvera ?
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"