How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 4 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
UK Stocks - Factors to watch on Jan 29
Britain's FTSE 100 is seen opening 4-14 points higher on Friday, gaining slightly after sharp falls the previous session, as investors await U.S. gross domestic product data to gauge the health of the global economy.
The blue chip index is seen opening as much as 0.3 percent higher after the index closed 1.4 percent lower at 5,145.74 on Thursday, its lowest close since early Nov. 6, weighed by mounting concerns about the pace of global recovery.
A Reuters survey predicted that U.S. GDP expanded at a 4.6 percent annual rate, up from 2.2 percent in the third quarter.
If the number, due at 1330 GMT, comes in much weaker than expected, however,it could see a return to the jitters which have sent the UK index down 4.9 percent in January, its worst month since last February.
Ahead of that investors will watch Nationwide house price data for January released at 0700 GMT for clues on the state of the UK economy.
Consumer confidence in Britain rose in January, driven by improving optimism over the outlook for the economy and personal finances, a survey by GfK NOP for the European Commission showed on Friday.
* Wall St slides on tech results, global worry
* GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks slide on tech, Greece's woes
* Tokyo's Nikkei share average closes down 2.08 pct
* Euro losses mount, yen firm with sentiment edgy
* Oil steady near $74 as U.S. growth forecast to quicken
* TREASURIES-Rise in Asia as regional stocks fall
* Shanghai copper down 2 pct on credit worry, dlr
* Gold off 3-mth lows, eyes on stronger dollar
UK stocks to watch on Friday are:
The new chairman of the oil major could announce a replacement for the former non-executive director, Tom McKillop as early as Friday, The Times reported.
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
A Philadelphia-area real estate developer has sued the Citizens Bank unit of RBS, claiming the bank had jeopardized a $700 million project to redevelop a steel-plant site on financing commitments.
Director Paul Anderson, who helped orchestrate the merger of BHP with Billiton in 2001, will retire from the board on Jan 31, the company said on Friday. He has accepted an invitation to become a director of BP, BHP said.
F&C ASSET MANAGEMENT
The company releases Q4 trading update.
The company releases its full-year results.
The company holds its annual general meeting.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's De Guindos says next steps for Greece point to 3rd rescue
- Spain repays EU debt early
- Spain drives more efficiently during financial crisis : report
- "Crisis in Spain not over" : President of EC
- Former Ukraine Finance Minister arrested on Spanish coast
- 4 out of 5 Spaniards feel no improvement in economy
- Five Spaniards drop out of ‘Forbes’ list
- TiVo, Vodafone Spain reach deal to update Ono smart TV offer
- Spain's Caixabank aims for pre-crisis profit levels within 3 years
- Spain sees February unemployment fall at lowest rate since 2001