How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Heart disease remains biggest killer in Spain
Heart disease remains the main cause of death in Spain according to the data for 2008 which has just been released by the National Statistics Institute. Cancer comes in second and respiratory illnesses third.
A total of 386,324 people died in Spain in 2008, 963 more than in 2007, with 186,677 female deaths and 199.647 male deaths. It means 847 deaths for every 100,000 inhabitants, a decrease of 1.3% on 2007.
The death rate is higher in the regions of Asturias, Galicia and Castilla y León, and considered to be so as the population is generally older in these areas. Likewise the younger populations lead the Canaries, Melilla and Madrid to have the lowest death rates.
A 20.7% fall in the number of deaths in road traffic accidents over the year, at 2,181 means that suicide has now become the main cause of non-natural death in the country at 3,421 deaths. 77.4% of the suicides were male.
The number of deaths from Aids was down 7.7% over the year at 1,212
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now