How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Telefonica propose to charge for search engine useage
There is still confusion surrounding Telefonica’s proposal to charge Search Engines for bandwidth use.
Microsoft has asked Telefónica to clarify it’s position on who, and what it proposes to charge for the use of its networks. The Deputy President for Microsoft in Western Europe, Rosa María García, said that she wanted to know who Telefóncia intends to charge, the search providers or the consumers themselves.
This comes after an initial proposal from Telefónica, which hinted at charging a rent of sorts to search engines, such as Google, for their use of bandwidth. Telefónica Chairman, César Alierta, spoke of the plan some days ago, but Microsoft – and their own search engine ‘Bing’, that charging search engines will not benefit anybody.
Earlier this week the Spanish Government did a U-turn on their previous comments on whether Google should face a charge or not, now suggesting that such charges should not be made.
Latest News & Stories
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Merkel Denies Forcing Spain Into Bailout