How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Virgin lines up financing for RBS bid
Virgin Money has secured financial backing as it seeks to press ahead with a bid for British banking assets, the Daily Express reported on Monday.
The consumer credit arm of Richard Branson's Virgin group has arranged financing from Abu Dhabi-based sovereign wealth funds and private equity firm Blackstone, ahead of a bid for 320 Royal Bank of Scotland branches the paper said.
Other suitors looking at the RBS branches include Spain's Santander, eager to expand its business banking footprint in Britain and National Australia Bank sources have told Reuters.
Virgin Money entered Britain's retail banking market earlier this year after agreeing to buy a small provincial bank, Church House Trust, in a 50 million pounds deal.
No one at Virgin Money could immediately be reached for comment.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's PP local election landslide : 2 years on
- AENA report on Corvera Airport viability slammed
- Alhama de Murcia invites Paramount appeals
- Castellon Airport Director Sacked
- New Arrival at San Javier - But what about Corvera ?
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"
- Spain to award Residency to buyers of luxury property
- Amnesty International Slams Spain's Human Rights Record .... Again
- Spain property eviction numbers questioned