How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Brits urged to contact IFAs for retirement advice
Just eight per cent of British people approach independent financial advisers (IFAs) to discuss their retirement plans, new research has revealed.
The study, conducted by the Safe Home Income Plans (SHIP), found that four times this proportion (32 per cent) scan the internet for such advice.
According to the equity release trade association, 73 per cent of Britons intend to manage their retirement finances themselves.
However, many respondents to the survey admitted that they were not aware of all the options available to them.
"The findings show that without consulting an IFA, consumers are likely to miss out of the full spectrum of retirement planning products," warned Andrew Rozario, director general of SHIP.
He added: "There seems to still be some uncertainty about the definition of equity release, but [we are] working hard to increase consumer understanding of the product."
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- The Implications of an English Will in Spain
- Lifetime Loans & Equity Release
- Making a will in Spain
- Inheritance Tax in Spain
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain