How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 26 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Could equity release plans become more popular after FSA criticises pension advice?
Following the results of its latest report, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) has criticised the information given to people looking to switch their UK pension schemes.
The comments could encourage a number of Expats with property in the UK to seek equity release advice to see how they could boost their retirement income with cash taken from the value of their property.
According to the FSA report, around £150 million in redress will be delivered to those who received "unsuitable advice".
However, Dan Waters, the organisation's director of conduct risk, said a number of firms still need to improve their services.
"Although many firms have changed the way they operate, we remain concerned that some continue to give poor advice," he said.
"Ignorance is no defence and we will continue to focus on the high risk firms through intensive supervision."
Expats considering equity release on a UK property as a way of boosting their retirement funds could see how much cash they could generate by contacting a professional and experienced Equity Release Provider.
Latest News & Stories
- 1,785 Spanish Drivers apprehended for Drink and Drugs in 3 days
- Spanish retail sales rise 4.9% on year in July
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanosí demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages