How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Could equity release plans become more popular after FSA criticises pension advice?
Following the results of its latest report, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) has criticised the information given to people looking to switch their UK pension schemes.
The comments could encourage a number of Expats with property in the UK to seek equity release advice to see how they could boost their retirement income with cash taken from the value of their property.
According to the FSA report, around £150 million in redress will be delivered to those who received "unsuitable advice".
However, Dan Waters, the organisation’s director of conduct risk, said a number of firms still need to improve their services.
"Although many firms have changed the way they operate, we remain concerned that some continue to give poor advice," he said.
"Ignorance is no defence and we will continue to focus on the high risk firms through intensive supervision."
Expats considering equity release on a UK property as a way of boosting their retirement funds could see how much cash they could generate by contacting a professional and experienced Equity Release Provider.
Latest News & Stories
- Air Europa "Interested in Flying to Castellon Airport"
- Spain considers forcing trucks onto toll roads
- Rajoy : "Spain is the Sick Man of Europe"
- Podemos to March through Madrid Saturday
- Spanish growth accelerates
- Rajoy seeks to finalize anti-terrorist agreement with PSOE
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs