How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Could equity release plans become more popular after FSA criticises pension advice?
Following the results of its latest report, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) has criticised the information given to people looking to switch their UK pension schemes.
The comments could encourage a number of Expats with property in the UK to seek equity release advice to see how they could boost their retirement income with cash taken from the value of their property.
According to the FSA report, around £150 million in redress will be delivered to those who received "unsuitable advice".
However, Dan Waters, the organisation’s director of conduct risk, said a number of firms still need to improve their services.
"Although many firms have changed the way they operate, we remain concerned that some continue to give poor advice," he said.
"Ignorance is no defence and we will continue to focus on the high risk firms through intensive supervision."
Expats considering equity release on a UK property as a way of boosting their retirement funds could see how much cash they could generate by contacting a professional and experienced Equity Release Provider.
Latest News & Stories
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign