How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Inflation in Spain reaches 1.4%
Spanish Inflation has reached its largest monthly increase since December 2008, with the rate increasing 0.7% on February.
This now takes the annual inflation rate to 1.4%, while the underlying rate once energy costs and food items have been removed now stands at 0.2%.
These preliminary figures for the month of March were detailed in a report by the National Statistics Institute.
The figures, which were release earlier today, show that the Transport sector leads the price increases, up 8.1% on the previous year.
This should come as no surprise given that the cost of crude oil is currently around 80$ per barrel, twice what it was 12 months ago when inflation in Spain fell into the red.
Latest News & Stories
- Castellon Airport costs Valencia €46,300 per day
- EU sends investigators to Leon Airport
- Germany cancels scheme to attract young jobless from abroad
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- What is the Euribor ?
- Currency Exchange Jargon Explained
- Lifetime Loans & Equity Release
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain