How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 4 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Inflation in Spain reaches 1.4%
Spanish Inflation has reached its largest monthly increase since December 2008, with the rate increasing 0.7% on February.
This now takes the annual inflation rate to 1.4%, while the underlying rate once energy costs and food items have been removed now stands at 0.2%.
These preliminary figures for the month of March were detailed in a report by the National Statistics Institute.
The figures, which were release earlier today, show that the Transport sector leads the price increases, up 8.1% on the previous year.
This should come as no surprise given that the cost of crude oil is currently around 80$ per barrel, twice what it was 12 months ago when inflation in Spain fell into the red.
Latest News & Stories
- British expats in Europe living in fear of Brexit
- Bank of Spain sees rise in downside growth risks in last few months
- Unemployment drops in April as holiday season underway
- Expat Fraudster 'too pregnant' to face UK Court
- Spain issues warrants for Russian officials alleged to be linked to crime gang
- Brussels lowers Spain’s public deficit forecast
- Spain new car sales rise 21.2 pct y/y in April
- Spanish Journos facing jail over Police leaks
- King Felipe to call further election on Tuesday
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?
- What is the Euribor ?
- Currency Exchange Jargon Explained
- Lifetime Loans & Equity Release
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain