How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Minister confirms new smoking law will come into effect in June
Spain’s The Health Minister confirmed today that the law to ban smoking in public places (Ley del Tabaco) will come into operation during June, "before the end of the summer session".
In a televised interview, Sra Jiménez stated that the introduction of the new reforms to the current law, would depend on "negotiations" with the other parties.
The minister confirmed that this latest reform complies with the original aims of the 'Ley del Tabaco', which is to prohibit smoking in all public places due to the fact that "it is bad for people's health".
Jiménez went on to say how the hotel and catering trade, where most concerns about the new law have been raised, had seen no negative effects of the smoking ban in other countries where the law has already been introduced.
Latest News & Stories
- New Socialist leader out to attract Spain’s angry voters
- Spain June retail sales rise 0.2 pct y/y - INE
- Spanish wind power plummets following subsidy cut
- Spanish Unions plan invasion of Gibraltar
- Spain to revise economic growth forecasts for 2014, 2015
- Orange Spain launches 4G home internet service
- Falling food prices in Spain hit Q2 sales at Dia
- Spain sees revenue from foreign tourism grow 7.8% 2014 to date
- Bankia's profit jumps as Spain's economy picks up, bad debts fall
- Gay community in Spain most affected by hate crime