How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 5 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Equity release body urges parties to think beyond election
Education, communication and co-operation are the three things the next government should focus on in order to improve retirement funding in the UK.
This is the view of equity release trade organisation Ship, which said the Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties need to produce more than just "soundbites" as May 6th approaches.
Commenting on the policies laid out by the three parties, Ship director general Andrea Rozario said: "All policies and the plans to finance them should be clearly outlined.
"Will they cope under the strain of an increasingly older population and who will the cost fall upon? By working with the industry, whoever is in power after May 6th, will have a better understanding of equity release and the possibilities it offers."
Ship has been championing equity release schemes during the build up to the election as a way for retired people to boost their income.
Latest News & Stories
- British expats in Europe living in fear of Brexit
- Bank of Spain sees rise in downside growth risks in last few months
- Unemployment drops in April as holiday season underway
- Expat Fraudster 'too pregnant' to face UK Court
- Spain issues warrants for Russian officials alleged to be linked to crime gang
- Brussels lowers Spain’s public deficit forecast
- Spain new car sales rise 21.2 pct y/y in April
- Spanish Journos facing jail over Police leaks
- King Felipe to call further election on Tuesday
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?