How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 1 October 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Zapatero announces labour reform that will last “for a long time”.
Earlier this week Prime Miniter Zapatero announced a substantial reform to current labour laws that will last "for a long time".
The PM stated that labour reform "has to be done" and it must be "substantial and last a long time" and in order to be succesful needed the "broad support" of Parliament.
He went on to say how permanent labour reforms should "be the standard against time, effort and reduce the cost of dismissal... without workers losing their rights" and would also need to allow a clear change in the "internal flexibility of a company" concerning factors such as working hours, working conditions and salaries.
Speaking at a press conference in Rome following his meeting with the Italian PM, Zapatero agreed that the current labour model requires changes and reforms and said the government would act decisively as it has "very clear things to do."
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar accuses EU's Almunia of "Spanish Bias"
- Spain new car sales up 26.2 pct yr/yr in Sept
- 31 arrested in joint Bulgaria-Spain ATM fraud operation
- Galica town hall targeted with explosive device
- Paramount Murcia : 4 Octobers of Nothing Much
- Corvera Certificates required end 2014, or new application required
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- Employing Staff in Spain
- Buying an Existing Business