How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 30 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Zapatero announces labour reform that will last “for a long time”.
Earlier this week Prime Miniter Zapatero announced a substantial reform to current labour laws that will last "for a long time".
The PM stated that labour reform "has to be done" and it must be "substantial and last a long time" and in order to be succesful needed the "broad support" of Parliament.
He went on to say how permanent labour reforms should "be the standard against time, effort and reduce the cost of dismissal... without workers losing their rights" and would also need to allow a clear change in the "internal flexibility of a company" concerning factors such as working hours, working conditions and salaries.
Speaking at a press conference in Rome following his meeting with the Italian PM, Zapatero agreed that the current labour model requires changes and reforms and said the government would act decisively as it has "very clear things to do."
Latest News & Stories
- Spain 2nd highest inequality in the EU : Oxfam
- Spain's consumer prices fall by 0.1% in Oct
- Spain stock market regulator registers Orange request to bid for Jazztel
- Owners of Spain's Parques Reunidos consider sale
- Spain postpones IPO for AENA sale
- Spain state adviser backs Catalonia referendum block
- Spain's Abertis to list telecoms business
- Spain September retail sales up 1.1% year on year
- Three-Quarters of Spain's fighter jets unable to fly
- 'Thieving, Cheating Gypsies' v Royal Spanish Academy
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- Employing Staff in Spain
- Buying an Existing Business