How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 27 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Iberdrola launches 'smart network' project
Iberdrola has launched a smart network project in Castellon, which involves updating over 600 transformer stations with electronic equipment – and replacing over 100,000 power meters supplying the city's 175,000 inhabitants.
The Spanish utilities giant, who plans to invest EUR22m in the smart network project, said that the first steps in the city have been to renovate 26 transformer centres. Thse updates conform to the new specifications set down in Spain's 'remote management Royal Decree' and will operate as part of the smart network.
Ignacio Galan, chairman of Iberdrola, commented: "This is a cutting edge project in Spain entailing a major technological shift in the power distribution business. Castellon is set to become Spain's – and possibly the world's – leading city in this field."
He continued, that mass deployment of smart networks throughout the rest of Spain could see the power industry invest a total of EUR5.5bn and create close to 25,000 highly skilled jobs over the next decade.
Castellon's new smart network will support the remote provision of services, such as meter reading, subscriptions and deletions, and changes to contracted capacity. The upgrade will enable clients to monitor their usage data in real-time and use flexible rates to improve their energy efficiency, Iberdrola said.
Latest News & Stories
- Telefónica to triple Spain's ADSL speeds before summer
- None of Spain's AVE high-speed rail lines profitable
- Spain launches new EU153 Mln smart city initiative
- Bank of Spain expects 2.8% growth in Q1
- Orange Spain unveils new 'smartphone to landline' app
- Spain's narrows budget deficit in 2014
- FCO Reveals Ridiculous Expat Requests
- Spain's vehicle production up 10.56% in Feb.
- Orange Spain collects used smartphones for Unicef project
- Low cost airline passengers arriving in Spain up 9.2%