How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Iberdrola launches 'smart network' project
Iberdrola has launched a smart network project in Castellon, which involves updating over 600 transformer stations with electronic equipment – and replacing over 100,000 power meters supplying the city's 175,000 inhabitants.
The Spanish utilities giant, who plans to invest EUR22m in the smart network project, said that the first steps in the city have been to renovate 26 transformer centres. Thse updates conform to the new specifications set down in Spain's 'remote management Royal Decree' and will operate as part of the smart network.
Ignacio Galan, chairman of Iberdrola, commented: "This is a cutting edge project in Spain entailing a major technological shift in the power distribution business. Castellon is set to become Spain's – and possibly the world's – leading city in this field."
He continued, that mass deployment of smart networks throughout the rest of Spain could see the power industry invest a total of EUR5.5bn and create close to 25,000 highly skilled jobs over the next decade.
Castellon's new smart network will support the remote provision of services, such as meter reading, subscriptions and deletions, and changes to contracted capacity. The upgrade will enable clients to monitor their usage data in real-time and use flexible rates to improve their energy efficiency, Iberdrola said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast