How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
New labour laws could create up to 2.3 million new Spanish jobs
The Spanish government has stated how new labour reforms may be able to create up to 2.37 million permanent jobs by the end of 2011. In the financial report it has been estimated that 895,723 permanent contracts could be signed by the close of 2010, with a further 1,474,497 the following year.
Certain elements aare expected to cost the government almost 700 million euros by the end of 2012. This mainly comprises of the Wage Guarantee Fund of eight days compensation, if and when the permanent contract is dismissed. The estimated cost for this is expected to be 123.6 million euro.
The report goes on to state how 212.88 million euros would be the cost for subsidies to hire jobless people aged over 45 and 53.58 million euros is estimated to be the cost for converting training, replacement or substitution of permanent contracts over a period of three years.
A additional 80.54 million euro is estimated to be spent on exemption from contributions to social security in training contracts.
Some observers disagree with the financial content of the report, with a number of economists, businessmen, unionists and lawyers who believe that the reform will not assist in creating short term employment.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation