How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 30 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Madrid 'is wonderful for Spanish cuisine'
An expatriate living in Madrid has written of his culinary experiences of Spain in his blog.
Ben Curtis, editor of Notes from Spain, said the great thing about Madrid is that it is easy to find good cuisine from every other region in the country.
"The quintessential Madrileno dish is Cocido - a bowl of rich pork broth for starters, followed by a main dish of chickpeas, cabbage, and meat," he wrote of the food traditionally made in the Spanish capital.
"Despite being so far from the sea, Madrid is also famous for its seafood, and the 'gambas' (prawns) are always worth a try" the expatriate recommended.
It is worth steering clear of the trendy areas that guide books usually send travellers to in search for food, as there is "a vibrant, young crowd in the Malasana neighbourhood, with a wealth of both modern and more traditional bars to check out" Mr Curtis added.
Spanish food is receiving a warm welcome in the UK, with London's Regent Street recently hosting a Taste of Spain event that brought giant paellas, flamenco and medieval food markets to people visiting Britain's capital.
Latest News & Stories
- British Expat Couple Shot Dead in Alicante
- Saloufest 2015 underway
- Murcia's San Javier Airport not to close imminently
- Spanish train maker Talgo eyeing share listing in May
- 23 'Decontaminated' in Madrid terror alert
- Spain Pilots unions claims '2 person rule' ineffictive
- Happy 4th Birthday Castellon Airport !
- Telefónica to triple Spain's ADSL speeds before summer
- None of Spain's AVE high-speed rail lines profitable
- Spain launches new EU153 Mln smart city initiative