How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 20 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Madrid 'is wonderful for Spanish cuisine'
An expatriate living in Madrid has written of his culinary experiences of Spain in his blog.
Ben Curtis, editor of Notes from Spain, said the great thing about Madrid is that it is easy to find good cuisine from every other region in the country.
"The quintessential Madrileno dish is Cocido - a bowl of rich pork broth for starters, followed by a main dish of chickpeas, cabbage, and meat," he wrote of the food traditionally made in the Spanish capital.
"Despite being so far from the sea, Madrid is also famous for its seafood, and the 'gambas' (prawns) are always worth a try" the expatriate recommended.
It is worth steering clear of the trendy areas that guide books usually send travellers to in search for food, as there is "a vibrant, young crowd in the Malasana neighbourhood, with a wealth of both modern and more traditional bars to check out" Mr Curtis added.
Spanish food is receiving a warm welcome in the UK, with London's Regent Street recently hosting a Taste of Spain event that brought giant paellas, flamenco and medieval food markets to people visiting Britain's capital.
Latest News & Stories
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Spain bad loans ratio rises to 13.2% in August
- Spanish court orders ex-bankers to deposit millions of euros
- Spain Wins UN Security Council Seat
- 2 Spain Ebola Suspects Test Negative
- 6 Murcia Police Officers Accused of Murder
- Spanish Authorities beat asylum seeker unconscious