How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 22 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Travellers 'want more from holiday'
Expatriates looking to go on holiday this summer are more likely to want better value for their money and more authentic experiences on their travels, according to an industry expert.
Alexander Lyons, PR executive for responsibletravel.com, said: "In the wake of a global economic crisis, travellers are seeking more from their holidays, more authentic, richer, deeper experiences, and they're getting those from more responsible holidays."
He recommended that travellers seeking to find the 'true' spirit of their chosen destination could purchase local produce, hire local guides and respect the local culture and its traditions.
Mr Lyons' comments coincide with 'Make holidays greener' week, which kicked off on June 26th and runs through to July 3rd.
To mark the week, The Travel Foundation published research which showed that one in five holidaymakers admit to switching off completely when they are on a beach break and rarely consider the environment.
Mr Lyons noted that an interested and curious attitude will go a long way to ensuring expats and other holidaymakers limit their environmental impact on their trips abroad.
Latest News & Stories
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemos’s Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid
- Spain announces EU1.26 Bln suburban rail spend
- Spain to make another EU bailout repayment
- EC migrant quota assigned to Spain "
- Rajoy: “Who’s talking about bailouts, recession or unemployment?”