How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 18 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Travellers 'want more from holiday'
Expatriates looking to go on holiday this summer are more likely to want better value for their money and more authentic experiences on their travels, according to an industry expert.
Alexander Lyons, PR executive for responsibletravel.com, said: "In the wake of a global economic crisis, travellers are seeking more from their holidays, more authentic, richer, deeper experiences, and they're getting those from more responsible holidays."
He recommended that travellers seeking to find the 'true' spirit of their chosen destination could purchase local produce, hire local guides and respect the local culture and its traditions.
Mr Lyons' comments coincide with 'Make holidays greener' week, which kicked off on June 26th and runs through to July 3rd.
To mark the week, The Travel Foundation published research which showed that one in five holidaymakers admit to switching off completely when they are on a beach break and rarely consider the environment.
Mr Lyons noted that an interested and curious attitude will go a long way to ensuring expats and other holidaymakers limit their environmental impact on their trips abroad.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- Study reveals Barcelona as Spain's most expensive city
- Spain Warns It Will Block Independence Vote in Catalonia
- Corvera Airport "will not cost Murcia a cent"
- Orange to Buy Spain's Jazztel for EU3.1 Bln