How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Expat dies after freak accident
An expatriate died after a freak accident caused her to bleed to death.
Sally Feeley, who had moved from Birmingham to Spain's Costa del Sol six years before her death last October, was out with friends in a bar when she tripped over her handbag and smashed a glass.
The shattered glass pierced her left armpit and left a cut measuring seven centimetres, severing a major artery.
Assistant deputy coroner in Birmingham Michael Snell recorded the expatriate's death as the result of an accident.
"She tripped and fell backwards onto a glass and received a severe stab injury. She died from a haemorrhage received from a laceration to the left armpit" he said.
Ms Feeley, 42, leaves a 12-year-old son, Shea, who she lived with in Nerja.
The expat's friend, Karen Thornton, explained how she was out with Ms Feeley on the night of her death as they drank hot chocolate and chatted to other bar visitors.
Ms Thornton recalled how "everybody tried to stem the bleeding" before Ms Feeley was pronounced dead in hospital.
Latest News & Stories
- Rato accused of giving children Ä2.5m to avoid bond
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemosís Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years