How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 12 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Expat dies after freak accident
An expatriate died after a freak accident caused her to bleed to death.
Sally Feeley, who had moved from Birmingham to Spain's Costa del Sol six years before her death last October, was out with friends in a bar when she tripped over her handbag and smashed a glass.
The shattered glass pierced her left armpit and left a cut measuring seven centimetres, severing a major artery.
Assistant deputy coroner in Birmingham Michael Snell recorded the expatriate's death as the result of an accident.
"She tripped and fell backwards onto a glass and received a severe stab injury. She died from a haemorrhage received from a laceration to the left armpit" he said.
Ms Feeley, 42, leaves a 12-year-old son, Shea, who she lived with in Nerja.
The expat's friend, Karen Thornton, explained how she was out with Ms Feeley on the night of her death as they drank hot chocolate and chatted to other bar visitors.
Ms Thornton recalled how "everybody tried to stem the bleeding" before Ms Feeley was pronounced dead in hospital.
Latest News & Stories
- Top PP official resigns in Spain after corruption investigation
- Majority of Spaniards see new elections as inevitable - poll
- Benidorm TV series appeal for Extras
- Corvera Airport Passenger Forecast Revised
- Andalusia property owners must register under new rules
- Spain likely missed deficit goal in 2015: economy minister
- The 6 Year Sickie
- Spanish government using courts to avoid freedom of information requests
- Rajoy refuses PSOE leader handshake
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015