How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
IMF approves Spain's bid for economic stability
The International Monetary Fund's (IMF) Financial Counsellor and Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, has reported how Spain is not just doing well, but "very well" with regards to financial stability, and that whilst the principal goal is still to be achieved, the restructuring of the savings banks is "going ahead at a good speed".
Earlier today in Washington, Director José Viñals presented his report on 'Global financial Stability', stating that "In the area of finance, Spain is doing its homework as well as possible". He went on to say how this is a "substantial reform" and a "process that will take some time".
Commenting on the requirement for smaller Cajas to either cease trading or merge in order to become viable, the Director commented that "since the system is undergoing some surgery, it is important that the cuts go deep enough" something that he confirmed was actually taking place.
"You could say that Spain has grabbed the bull by the horns and is not just making a good job, but a very good job of achieving financial stability" added the former deputy governor of the Bank of Spain.
Latest News & Stories
- New Socialist leader out to attract Spain’s angry voters
- Spain June retail sales rise 0.2 pct y/y - INE
- Spanish wind power plummets following subsidy cut
- Spanish Unions plan invasion of Gibraltar
- Spain to revise economic growth forecasts for 2014, 2015
- Orange Spain launches 4G home internet service
- Falling food prices in Spain hit Q2 sales at Dia
- Spain sees revenue from foreign tourism grow 7.8% 2014 to date
- Bankia's profit jumps as Spain's economy picks up, bad debts fall
- Gay community in Spain most affected by hate crime