How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 27 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
IMF approves Spain's bid for economic stability
The International Monetary Fund's (IMF) Financial Counsellor and Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, has reported how Spain is not just doing well, but "very well" with regards to financial stability, and that whilst the principal goal is still to be achieved, the restructuring of the savings banks is "going ahead at a good speed".
Earlier today in Washington, Director José Viñals presented his report on 'Global financial Stability', stating that "In the area of finance, Spain is doing its homework as well as possible". He went on to say how this is a "substantial reform" and a "process that will take some time".
Commenting on the requirement for smaller Cajas to either cease trading or merge in order to become viable, the Director commented that "since the system is undergoing some surgery, it is important that the cuts go deep enough" something that he confirmed was actually taking place.
"You could say that Spain has grabbed the bull by the horns and is not just making a good job, but a very good job of achieving financial stability" added the former deputy governor of the Bank of Spain.
Latest News & Stories
- 2.5 Million Passengers per year to arrive at Murcia's Corvera Airport
- Spain PM pledges EU 4.2 Bln investment in Catalonia
- Spain's growth may top 2.5 percent for next two to four years - minister
- Spain’s Social Security shortfall rises to €18.6 billion in 2016
- Ryanair announce new flights to Spain from Newcastle
- Spain's Jazztel to increase fibre speed to 300Mbps
- Spanish government will have enough support to pass budget - minister
- Spanish PM: “I will repeat it ad nauseam, I will not call early elections”
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target