How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 18 December 2013
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
IMF approves Spain's bid for economic stability
The International Monetary Fund's (IMF) Financial Counsellor and Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, has reported how Spain is not just doing well, but "very well" with regards to financial stability, and that whilst the principal goal is still to be achieved, the restructuring of the savings banks is "going ahead at a good speed".
Earlier today in Washington, Director José Viñals presented his report on 'Global financial Stability', stating that "In the area of finance, Spain is doing its homework as well as possible". He went on to say how this is a "substantial reform" and a "process that will take some time".
Commenting on the requirement for smaller Cajas to either cease trading or merge in order to become viable, the Director commented that "since the system is undergoing some surgery, it is important that the cuts go deep enough" something that he confirmed was actually taking place.
"You could say that Spain has grabbed the bull by the horns and is not just making a good job, but a very good job of achieving financial stability" added the former deputy governor of the Bank of Spain.
Latest News & Stories
- Colombian Drugs Vet Detained in Spain
- Venezuela Bank Buys Spain's NCG Banco
- "Several Companies Interested in Operating Castellon Airport"
- Spain's bad loan ratio hits 13 pct in October
- Spain Urged to Make Further Labour Reforms
- Only 10'000 Native Spaniards Born in 2012 : INE
- Spanish Regions Say 'No' to Further Budget Cuts
- Spain's Police Turn to Twitter
- Tax Burden on Spanish Clubs "Greater than rest of EU"
- BMW Joins Iberdrola to Boost Electric-Car Market in Spain