How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 30 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Financial worries for many Spanish Ayuntamientos
Escalating debts and falling income due in part to the recession, promises to make 2010 and 2011 diffucult for Spanish Municipal Council,with many having to cut investment in order to balance their debts.
A recent report by the Bank of Spain estimates that there is around 29.25 billion euros owed to local businesses by Town Councils,with 14.85 billion of it relating to the provincial capitals.
Some Ayuntamientos are performing worse than others - Madrid in particular has seen local businesses threatening to stop paying their staff if the city hall does not pay their outstanding bills, which have remained unpaid for almost 1 year.
In Zaragoza the Town Hall has spent what would normally be 25 years budget over the last 5 years alone, however Town Hall officials believe that recent investments place them in a strong position for when Spain finally exits the recession and the economy improves.
Santander's Municpal council has recently reduced debt by 14%, but it is still 75% above the permitted level according to new government guidelines.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's car sales rise by 20.9 pct in first 11 months
- Orange Spain, Jazztel offer 65% discount on smart TVs
- Vodafone Spain adds 13 channels to TV platform
- Spanish Airport Passenger Numbers up 8% in November
- 8 Human skulls found on Spanish beach
- Spain's PSOE promise voting rights to foreigners with 5-year residency
- Spain's Rajoy stays away as candidates hold election debate
- Spain October retail sales rise at fastest pace since December
- Former Boyfriend hunted over disappearance of Expat Mum in Spain
- Orange Spain unveils football deal for Bars