How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Half of expats 'will never return home'
Over half (52 per cent) of British expatriates who relocate abroad cannot imagine themselves moving home, research by Lloyds TSB International has revealed.
The study found the primary motivating factors for people to seek a new life abroad is to pursue a better career and salary options, with 29 per cent of employees aged 45-55 years citing this as their main reason for leaving.
Spain, France, South Africa and the US attract the longest-staying expats, while fewer tend to stay for more than ten years in the UAE or Hong Kong.
However, while many are not keen to move back to their home countries, three-quarters retain ties with their families and regularly visit the UK.
Managing director of the banking institution Jakob Pfaudler said he could understand the value of keeping in touch.
"Research shows that moving countries carries with it a huge emotional investment and it takes on average one to two years before an expat establishes a social network and starts to feel settled" he explained.
Meanwhile, the Moroccan government has earmarked a fund to provide its expatriate residents with access to legal, financial and social advice.
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens