How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Half of expats 'will never return home'
Over half (52 per cent) of British expatriates who relocate abroad cannot imagine themselves moving home, research by Lloyds TSB International has revealed.
The study found the primary motivating factors for people to seek a new life abroad is to pursue a better career and salary options, with 29 per cent of employees aged 45-55 years citing this as their main reason for leaving.
Spain, France, South Africa and the US attract the longest-staying expats, while fewer tend to stay for more than ten years in the UAE or Hong Kong.
However, while many are not keen to move back to their home countries, three-quarters retain ties with their families and regularly visit the UK.
Managing director of the banking institution Jakob Pfaudler said he could understand the value of keeping in touch.
"Research shows that moving countries carries with it a huge emotional investment and it takes on average one to two years before an expat establishes a social network and starts to feel settled" he explained.
Meanwhile, the Moroccan government has earmarked a fund to provide its expatriate residents with access to legal, financial and social advice.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish to become 'dominant' language in UK schools
- Spain watchdog backs shorter telecoms contracts
- UK MEP slams Spain's blame of crisis on Gays
- Spain to create 500,000 m2 mall space by 2016
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spain’s ‘fanciful’ tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Number of Foreign Students Studying in Spain Falls
- Spanish cigarette sales plummet 50% in last 5 years
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens