How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 27 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Half of expats 'will never return home'
Over half (52 per cent) of British expatriates who relocate abroad cannot imagine themselves moving home, research by Lloyds TSB International has revealed.
The study found the primary motivating factors for people to seek a new life abroad is to pursue a better career and salary options, with 29 per cent of employees aged 45-55 years citing this as their main reason for leaving.
Spain, France, South Africa and the US attract the longest-staying expats, while fewer tend to stay for more than ten years in the UAE or Hong Kong.
However, while many are not keen to move back to their home countries, three-quarters retain ties with their families and regularly visit the UK.
Managing director of the banking institution Jakob Pfaudler said he could understand the value of keeping in touch.
"Research shows that moving countries carries with it a huge emotional investment and it takes on average one to two years before an expat establishes a social network and starts to feel settled" he explained.
Meanwhile, the Moroccan government has earmarked a fund to provide its expatriate residents with access to legal, financial and social advice.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Pilots unions claims '2 person rule' ineffictive
- Happy 4th Birthday Castellon Airport !
- Telefónica to triple Spain's ADSL speeds before summer
- None of Spain's AVE high-speed rail lines profitable
- Spain launches new EU153 Mln smart city initiative
- Bank of Spain expects 2.8% growth in Q1
- Orange Spain unveils new 'smartphone to landline' app
- Spain's narrows budget deficit in 2014
- FCO Reveals Ridiculous Expat Requests
- Spain's vehicle production up 10.56% in Feb.
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens