How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Iberdrola 9-Month earnings above forecasts
Spain's largest power utility, Iberdrola reported a rise in nine-month core earnings above analysts' estimates, driven by growth at its Spanish deregulated power business and in renewables. Net profit grew 2 percent and also beat analysts estimates, with cost cutting and positive currency effects offsetting lower one-time gains year-on-year.
The company said Iberdrola USA posted solid growth thanks to cost control while the UK business fared worst.
Iberdrola's renewables division reported 19.4 percent growth in nine-month core earnings on Monday thanks to new capacity in the United States and Spain. Iberdrola's net profit hit 2.07 billion euros. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew 12.4 percent to 5.56 billion euros. A poll of 11 analysts had expected on average group EBITDA of 5.48 billion euros ($7.6 billion), with net profit coming in at 2 billion.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain