How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Extensions to Spanish unemployment benefit
Spain's government is currently struggling with the highest unemployment rate in the eurozone, yesterday agreed to extend the unemployment benefit payment of 420 euros a month by a further 6 months.
This is now the third such extension to the benefit, which was introduced in August 2009.
The benefit has now been extended until August 2011, Labor Minister Valeriano Gomez announced at his first news conference afer being appointed to the cabiet after last week's reshuffle.
Spain's unemployment rate stood at 20.09 percent after the second quarter, the highest in the entire eurozone, and was an increase of the 20.05 percent recorded in the first quarter - the highest seen in 13 years.
The National Statistics Institute (INE) is due to present data to report on the third quarter on Friday.
In September the government increased its forecast for 2011's unemployment rate to 19.3 percent of the work force from a previous estimate of 18.9 percent.
Spain has Europe's fifth largest economy, but fell into recession in 2008 due to a collapse of a decade-long property boom. 2010 brought a few shoots of recovery - growth of just 0.1 percent in the first quarter and 0.2 percent in the second.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall
- Spanish Students Protest for 3 Consecutive Days
- Spain's Bankinter profit up 31.6%
- Bank of Spain sees Q3 GDP growth at 0.5 pct q/q
- Spanish unemployment falls to 3 year low
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- How to Write a Spanish CV
- Finding a Job in Spain
- Getting Employment in Spain
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain
- Claiming UK Benefits in Spain