How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Registered Jobless Rises for Third Month
Registered unemployment in Spain, which has Europe's highest jobless rate, rose for the third month in October as the economy struggles to recover from an almost two-year recession.
The number of people registering for unemployment benefits rose by 68,213, or 1.7 percent, from September to 4.09 million, the Labor Ministry in Madrid said in an e-mailed statement today.
Spain's unemployment rate, double the European average, fell in the third quarter to 19.8 percent, even as Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said the number should be viewed with "prudence." The economic recovery probably slowed from July to September, Bank of Spain Governor Miguel Angel Fernandez Ordonez said on Oct. 5, as the government tries to slash the euro region's third-largest budget deficit with the deepest austerity measures in at least three decades.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?