How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 24 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Population decline dents Spanish property market
A rapid drop in the growth of the Spanish population is expected effect the country's property market over coming years, if not decades, bring a decrease in demand alongside the decrease in population growth.
Recent data released by the national office of statistics (INE)reveals that the population is expected to grow by just 2.7% compared to the 14.8% seen over the last decade.
The report by the INE demonstrates how an annual growth rate of less than 0.35% has been forecast - largely due to a signfificant drop in immigration from abroad together with an ageing population.
Decreases in population are expected to be seen in a number of regions within the next decade, significantly in the Asturias, Pais Vasco, Castilla y Leon, Galicia and La Rioja.
However, individuals looking to invest in Spanish property may benefit from a tide of distressed property coming onto the housing market. The Banking industry has revealed that they are looking to release their portfolios of foreclosed assets which they are currently holding.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish banks' overseas push reflects doubts on recovery at home
- Spain expects more tourism from Middle-East
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you don’t hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Should I Pay Voluntary National Insurance Contributions to the UK ?
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- The Implications of an English Will in Spain