How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Could equity release be the answer for expats who have lost their savings in the recession?
Expats are having to cut back on their spending as a result of the recession, new figures have shown.
This could inspire expats over 55 who may still own a propety in the UK to seek equity release in order to see how the value of their home could offer them a welcome boost to their income.
According to the latest Retirement Nation survey by MGM Advantage, more than three-quarters of the expats say their spending habits have been affected by the economic downturn.
The study also showed that one-third has cut back on essentials like gas and electricity.
Craig Fazzini-Jones, director of the organisation, said: "While it is understandable that we should all be tightening our financial belts, it is wrong that more than six million people over 55 years have had to cut back on essential services such as gas and electricity.
"As we move out of recession, there is a real chance of higher inflation, which will in turn increase pressures on household income, particular those who are retired."
Expats aged over 55 years who may still own a property in the the UK and who are concerned about the level of income they will receive in retirement can find out how the value of their property could offer them a tax-free cash boost by consulting with a reputable scheme provider.
Latest News & Stories
- Rajoy seeks to finalize anti-terrorist agreement with PSOE
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs
- Caja Madrid officials who used “black” cards targeted in investigation
- British Expats Set To Lose Retirement Benefits
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- Lifetime Loans & Equity Release
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain
- Claiming UK Benefits in Spain