How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 20 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish/German bond yield spread widens
The premium investors demand to hold Spanish government bonds rather than benchmark German debt rose on Tuesday, as tension among the euro zone's peripheral issuers remained high although traded volumes were low.
"We haven't really seen much going through, I think maybe people are waiting for the ECB to step up their purchases and start buying Spain" a trader said. The Spanish/German 10-year bond yield spread widened to 243 basis points from around 234 bps at Monday's settlement.
The equivalent Portuguese yield spread earlier widened to 334 bps, before contracting to 330 bps, 8 bps wider on the day. Traders cited small central bank buying of Portuguese debt.
Latest News & Stories
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Spain bad loans ratio rises to 13.2% in August
- Spanish court orders ex-bankers to deposit millions of euros
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain