How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Research' is key to finding work abroad
An article for Shelter Offshore points out that there are many options for expats looking for jobs in their new country of residence.
The report advised those making a move overseas to determine which types of work are available in which countries in order to choose a destination that best suits their skills and experience.
It is also important to check whether a visa will be required to work in certain countries.
Once the job hunt begins, expatriates should cover all avenues, such as applying for advertised jobs directly, sending speculative applications and registering with international recruitment companies, the article stated.
Joining expat forums online is also recommended, as job seekers can begin networking with those already working in the country or in specific fields.
"Finally, the other options that some expats take is to travel to the country they eventually want to find work in and try and find work from local recruiters or employers," Shelter Offshore pointed out.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- How to Write a Spanish CV
- Finding Business Premesis in Spain
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Finding a Job in Spain
- Getting Employment in Spain