How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
King of Spain opens new high-speed rail link
king Juan Carlos today inaugurated Spain's latest high-speed rail service which links the cities of Madrid and Valencia.
The 12.4 billion Euro project connects the capital to country's third largest city and is due to complete the 352 kilometer journey in just 90 minutes - where previously a journey time of 3 Hours and 45 minutes was necessarry.
Over recent years Spain has invested heavily in its fast train network, which now connects the capital with seven other cities including Barcelona, Malaga and Valladolid along 1,599 kilometers of specially laid track.
Spain's high-speed train system began operating in 1992 between Madrid and Seville in the southwest. By 2015 Spain aims to have a total of 5,500 kilometers of high-speed tracks laid linking the country from northwestern La Coruna to southeastern Murcia and from Seville to northeastern Bilbao and San Sebastian.
Eventually the high-speed rail network is expected to connect Portugal to Spain and France.
An opening ceremony is to take place upon the train's arrival at Valencia's railway station.
Latest News & Stories
- Magaluf police implicated in suspected extortion ring
- Morocco and Spain agree on information exchange
- Catalonia call independence vote despite Scottish 'no
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters