How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
King of Spain opens new high-speed rail link
king Juan Carlos today inaugurated Spain's latest high-speed rail service which links the cities of Madrid and Valencia.
The 12.4 billion Euro project connects the capital to country's third largest city and is due to complete the 352 kilometer journey in just 90 minutes - where previously a journey time of 3 Hours and 45 minutes was necessarry.
Over recent years Spain has invested heavily in its fast train network, which now connects the capital with seven other cities including Barcelona, Malaga and Valladolid along 1,599 kilometers of specially laid track.
Spain's high-speed train system began operating in 1992 between Madrid and Seville in the southwest. By 2015 Spain aims to have a total of 5,500 kilometers of high-speed tracks laid linking the country from northwestern La Coruna to southeastern Murcia and from Seville to northeastern Bilbao and San Sebastian.
Eventually the high-speed rail network is expected to connect Portugal to Spain and France.
An opening ceremony is to take place upon the train's arrival at Valencia's railway station.
Latest News & Stories
- Expats Urged to Help Find Abductee
- Spain’s six leading banks all set to pass the EU’s stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spain’s Audit Office says €300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners