How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 20 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
King of Spain opens new high-speed rail link
king Juan Carlos today inaugurated Spain's latest high-speed rail service which links the cities of Madrid and Valencia.
The 12.4 billion Euro project connects the capital to country's third largest city and is due to complete the 352 kilometer journey in just 90 minutes - where previously a journey time of 3 Hours and 45 minutes was necessarry.
Over recent years Spain has invested heavily in its fast train network, which now connects the capital with seven other cities including Barcelona, Malaga and Valladolid along 1,599 kilometers of specially laid track.
Spain's high-speed train system began operating in 1992 between Madrid and Seville in the southwest. By 2015 Spain aims to have a total of 5,500 kilometers of high-speed tracks laid linking the country from northwestern La Coruna to southeastern Murcia and from Seville to northeastern Bilbao and San Sebastian.
Eventually the high-speed rail network is expected to connect Portugal to Spain and France.
An opening ceremony is to take place upon the train's arrival at Valencia's railway station.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- Spain's BBVA says to raise around EU2 Bln in capital hike
- Bank of Spain calls for increased deficit cutting efforts
- Spain files suit against Catalonia head over secession vote
- U.S. "obsessed" with controlling Internet, Spain's Garzon says
- Spanish parliament to water down Palestine state call
- Catalonia’s Independence Push Risks Real Estate Revival