How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Tourist Number Increase Continues
Those travelling to Spain from abroad increased for the seventh consecutive month during November, regardless of a decrease in tourists from its main market Britain, government data published yesterday revealed.
Spain received 2.9 million foreign tourists for November, representing an increase of 2.7% when compared with the same time last year, bringing total number arrivals in the first 11 months of 2010 to 50.1 million, up 1.3% , according to the Country's Ministry of Tourism.
British tourists decreased by 6.1% compared with the same month last year to 590,192, however the arrivals from Germany rose, usually the second most important source of tourists to Spain, and saw increases from France, Italy and Scandinavian countries.
"All the main source markets of tourists to Spain posted rises in the number of tourists, with the exception of Britain," it said in a statement.
In 2008, the number of visitors to Spain fell 2.3% overall, the first reversal in figures in more than a decade.
Latest News & Stories
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote