How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Tourist Number Increase Continues
Those travelling to Spain from abroad increased for the seventh consecutive month during November, regardless of a decrease in tourists from its main market Britain, government data published yesterday revealed.
Spain received 2.9 million foreign tourists for November, representing an increase of 2.7% when compared with the same time last year, bringing total number arrivals in the first 11 months of 2010 to 50.1 million, up 1.3% , according to the Country's Ministry of Tourism.
British tourists decreased by 6.1% compared with the same month last year to 590,192, however the arrivals from Germany rose, usually the second most important source of tourists to Spain, and saw increases from France, Italy and Scandinavian countries.
"All the main source markets of tourists to Spain posted rises in the number of tourists, with the exception of Britain," it said in a statement.
In 2008, the number of visitors to Spain fell 2.3% overall, the first reversal in figures in more than a decade.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week