How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish electricity demand rises 2.9 pct in 2010
Spanish demand for electricity rose 2.9% in 2010, a year in which renewable energy boosted its share of usage by six percentage points to 35%, national grid operator REE said on Tuesday. The gain came after a recession-induced drop in demand of 4.8 percent in 2009, REE added.
Wet weather allowed hydroelectric output to rise by 59% in 2010, a factor which traders say has weighed on wholesale power prices. Wholesale power prices affect utilities such as Iberdrola, Endesa, Gas Natural and Hidrocantabrico.
Total installed generating capacity in Spain meanwhile increased by 3,717 megawatts to 97,447 MW, due mostly to new gas-fired generators, but also to wind and solar plants. 2010 saw record wind power output, which momentarily rose to 14,962 MW on Nov. 9 and covered 43% of total demand that day. Spain has become the world's fourth-largest wind power producer and the second-biggest of solar in its quest to cut fuel imports and greenhouse gas emissions.
Electricity prices in Spain are due to increase by 9.8% as of Jan 1st.
Latest News & Stories
- Orange Spain launches 4G home internet service
- Falling food prices in Spain hit Q2 sales at Dia
- Spain sees revenue from foreign tourism grow 7.8% 2014 to date
- Bankia's profit jumps as Spain's economy picks up, bad debts fall
- Gay community in Spain most affected by hate crime
- Uncertainty over Spain's "Google-Tax" law
- Spain's Felipe VI to keep royals out of private sector
- Ciudad Real Airport Administrators Lower Price & Extend Deadline... Again
- Telefonica and Santander team up to launch online education platform
- EU : Gibraltar's Artificial Reef "Lawful"
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain