How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 June 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish electricity demand rises 2.9 pct in 2010
Spanish demand for electricity rose 2.9% in 2010, a year in which renewable energy boosted its share of usage by six percentage points to 35%, national grid operator REE said on Tuesday. The gain came after a recession-induced drop in demand of 4.8 percent in 2009, REE added.
Wet weather allowed hydroelectric output to rise by 59% in 2010, a factor which traders say has weighed on wholesale power prices. Wholesale power prices affect utilities such as Iberdrola, Endesa, Gas Natural and Hidrocantabrico.
Total installed generating capacity in Spain meanwhile increased by 3,717 megawatts to 97,447 MW, due mostly to new gas-fired generators, but also to wind and solar plants. 2010 saw record wind power output, which momentarily rose to 14,962 MW on Nov. 9 and covered 43% of total demand that day. Spain has become the world's fourth-largest wind power producer and the second-biggest of solar in its quest to cut fuel imports and greenhouse gas emissions.
Electricity prices in Spain are due to increase by 9.8% as of Jan 1st.
Latest News & Stories
- "Greek exit could send message Euro is reversible" : Rajoy
- Russian Mafia Operated Out Of Spain For Over A Decade: Prosecutors
- Apple Watch goes on sale in Spain for more than in France and Germany
- Loan to support nationwide rollout of ERTMS in Spain
- Spain to question Gibraltarís exclusion from EU tax havens blacklist
- Spain to hike economic growth forecast next week
- Orange says public offer for Spain's Jazztel successful
- Number of Spanish emigrants nearly doubles in four years
- Spain refuses to declassify state files from 1931 to 1968
- Spain sees GDP reaching pre-crisis level by end 2016
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain