How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish electricity demand rises 2.9 pct in 2010
Spanish demand for electricity rose 2.9% in 2010, a year in which renewable energy boosted its share of usage by six percentage points to 35%, national grid operator REE said on Tuesday. The gain came after a recession-induced drop in demand of 4.8 percent in 2009, REE added.
Wet weather allowed hydroelectric output to rise by 59% in 2010, a factor which traders say has weighed on wholesale power prices. Wholesale power prices affect utilities such as Iberdrola, Endesa, Gas Natural and Hidrocantabrico.
Total installed generating capacity in Spain meanwhile increased by 3,717 megawatts to 97,447 MW, due mostly to new gas-fired generators, but also to wind and solar plants. 2010 saw record wind power output, which momentarily rose to 14,962 MW on Nov. 9 and covered 43% of total demand that day. Spain has become the world's fourth-largest wind power producer and the second-biggest of solar in its quest to cut fuel imports and greenhouse gas emissions.
Electricity prices in Spain are due to increase by 9.8% as of Jan 1st.
Latest News & Stories
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Merkel Denies Forcing Spain Into Bailout
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain