How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'It's never too soon' to start planning expatriate lifestyle
Prospective expatriates hoping to relocate abroad in the future should waste no time in planning for their getaway, Shelter Offshore has argued.
According to director of the website Rhiannon Davies, sorting out money matters and expatriate healthcare should be the main priority.
"The number one thing to get right is your finances, therefore consideration should be given to affording the move and affording ongoing living, healthcare and property costs, for example, above all else. I would say that it’s simply never too soon to start planning," she advised.
However, it could take around 12 to 18 months of planning before every aspect of a person's new life abroad can be started, so those approaching retirement age in the next couple of years could take time to kick-start their preparations now.
Ms Davies' remarks come after research from sunshine.co.uk found 12 per cent of British people would consider relocating abroad in order to find a lower cost of living.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Netflix silent on reported Spain launch
- Lidl celebrates 20 years in spain with new store
- Airline declares 'No interest in flying to Castellon Airport'
- Most Catalans would vote to stay in Spain: poll
- Losses at Spain's 'bad bank' raise prospect of slow turnaround
- Paramount Murcia boss denies importance of Corvera Airport
- 10 Spanish Banks Reported for Illegal Fees
- Spain citizenship offer is 'empty gesture'
- Man drives car into PP HQ
- EC Slams 'Wasteful Spending' at Spanish Airport
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- NIE Number
- Claiming UK Benefits in Spain