How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to place 6 billion euros syndicated bond
The Spanish Treasury is seeking to place 6 billion euros of 10-year bonds with foreign banks in a syndicated deal this week or next, El Mundo newspaper reported on Tuesday, citing banking sources.
The bonds will pay interest of no more than 5.7 %, the paper said, about the same yield as 10-year Spanish bonds trading in the secondary market on Tuesday.
No-one at the Spanish Treasury was immediately available for comment.
Spain returns to bond markets this week for the first time in 2011 and expects to raise between 2 billion and 3 billion euros through a 3-year bond. The government said it will issue net medium and long-term debt of 47.2 billion euros this year.
Spain sold 6 billion euros of 10-year bonds in a syndicated benchmark issue in July with a yield of 4.874 %.
Spain has had to pay more to access the debt markets since then on investors' concerns over the future of the euro zone.
The premium demanded by investors to hold Spanish 10-year bonds over their German equivalents was around 270 basis points at settlement on Monday, below euro lifetime highs of over 300 basis points last month.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?
- Sanctions loom over Spain for breaching fiscal rules
- New June election will benefit PP, poll confirms
- Tens of Thousands of Spaniards Protest Unemployment During May Day Rallies
- Spain's election re-run would fail to break deadlock - Poll
- Population of Spain in decline
- Brit charged in Alicante pro-cyclist crash
- Spain Welcomed 12 Million Tourists in Q1
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial