How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 29 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain rating needs credible bank recapitalisation plan
A cost in the region of 50 to 60 billion euros to recapitalise Spanish banks, if part of a credible plan, would be a positive for the sovereign's credit rating, ratings agency Fitch said at a conference on Friday.
"If we get much larger recap costs than we have currently built into our rating, then obviously that would prompt us to have a look at the rating again," said David Riley, global head of sovereign ratings at Fitch Ratings.
"If it's 50-60 billion (euros), and it's credible, and draws a line under the Spanish banking sector and in particular the Spanish caja sector, I think that's basically a net positive."
In July the agency estimated the cost of recapitalising the Spanish banking sector at 23 billion euros, but admitted this estimate was now below the market consensus.
Latest News & Stories
- Basque Nationals Only Party in Spain Growing in Support
- Ryanair change of strategy sees profits bounce back in 2014
- Rato accused of giving children €2.5m to avoid bond
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps