How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 7 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain rating needs credible bank recapitalisation plan
A cost in the region of 50 to 60 billion euros to recapitalise Spanish banks, if part of a credible plan, would be a positive for the sovereign's credit rating, ratings agency Fitch said at a conference on Friday.
"If we get much larger recap costs than we have currently built into our rating, then obviously that would prompt us to have a look at the rating again," said David Riley, global head of sovereign ratings at Fitch Ratings.
"If it's 50-60 billion (euros), and it's credible, and draws a line under the Spanish banking sector and in particular the Spanish caja sector, I think that's basically a net positive."
In July the agency estimated the cost of recapitalising the Spanish banking sector at 23 billion euros, but admitted this estimate was now below the market consensus.
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise Ä8 billion