How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain rating needs credible bank recapitalisation plan
A cost in the region of 50 to 60 billion euros to recapitalise Spanish banks, if part of a credible plan, would be a positive for the sovereign's credit rating, ratings agency Fitch said at a conference on Friday.
"If we get much larger recap costs than we have currently built into our rating, then obviously that would prompt us to have a look at the rating again," said David Riley, global head of sovereign ratings at Fitch Ratings.
"If it's 50-60 billion (euros), and it's credible, and draws a line under the Spanish banking sector and in particular the Spanish caja sector, I think that's basically a net positive."
In July the agency estimated the cost of recapitalising the Spanish banking sector at 23 billion euros, but admitted this estimate was now below the market consensus.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?
- Sanctions loom over Spain for breaching fiscal rules
- New June election will benefit PP, poll confirms
- Tens of Thousands of Spaniards Protest Unemployment During May Day Rallies
- Spain's election re-run would fail to break deadlock - Poll
- Population of Spain in decline
- Brit charged in Alicante pro-cyclist crash
- Spain Welcomed 12 Million Tourists in Q1
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial