How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 31 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain rating needs credible bank recapitalisation plan
A cost in the region of 50 to 60 billion euros to recapitalise Spanish banks, if part of a credible plan, would be a positive for the sovereign's credit rating, ratings agency Fitch said at a conference on Friday.
"If we get much larger recap costs than we have currently built into our rating, then obviously that would prompt us to have a look at the rating again," said David Riley, global head of sovereign ratings at Fitch Ratings.
"If it's 50-60 billion (euros), and it's credible, and draws a line under the Spanish banking sector and in particular the Spanish caja sector, I think that's basically a net positive."
In July the agency estimated the cost of recapitalising the Spanish banking sector at 23 billion euros, but admitted this estimate was now below the market consensus.
Latest News & Stories
- Orange Spain brings 4G to Lorca, Murcia
- Banco Popular posts 2% rise in nine-month profit
- Spain to see Google Tax effective Jan 1st
- Spain 2nd highest inequality in the EU : Oxfam
- Spain's consumer prices fall by 0.1% in Oct
- Spain stock market regulator registers Orange request to bid for Jazztel
- Owners of Spain's Parques Reunidos consider sale
- Spain postpones IPO for AENA sale
- Spain state adviser backs Catalonia referendum block
- Spain's Abertis to list telecoms business