How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 24 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Rajoy believes he will face Rubalcaba at elections
Spain' leader of the opposition to the current government, Mariano Rajoy, commented yesterday how he believes that he will face Deputy Prime Minister Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba, instead of Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, in 2012's general election.
Rajoy was speaking to reporters at the end of the Popular Party's national convention, and acknowledged that a lot of things could happen between now and next year. But he did say that he was confident that Rubalcaba would be the Socialist party candidate.
Rajoy's supporters at the PP national convention, held over the weekend in Seville, were lifted the party's latest internal polls that show the PP is enjoying a growing margin over the governing Socialists.
"Spain is thirsty for elections," Rajoy told supporters, adding that the only thing that the country was waiting for was for the exact date of the elections to be announced.
He also acknowledged the need for reforms to the labor market, and education, financial and energy sectors, but didn't offer any specific details.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera's SACYR to raise €416 mln in shares
- Argentina OKs settlement with Spain's Repsol over YPF
- Spain: Protests and the suffocating embrace of the law
- Spain's Caixa, Sabadell signal turnaround with bad debt falls
- Spanish yields hit new lows as economy accelerates
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year