How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Rajoy believes he will face Rubalcaba at elections
Spain' leader of the opposition to the current government, Mariano Rajoy, commented yesterday how he believes that he will face Deputy Prime Minister Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba, instead of Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, in 2012's general election.
Rajoy was speaking to reporters at the end of the Popular Party's national convention, and acknowledged that a lot of things could happen between now and next year. But he did say that he was confident that Rubalcaba would be the Socialist party candidate.
Rajoy's supporters at the PP national convention, held over the weekend in Seville, were lifted the party's latest internal polls that show the PP is enjoying a growing margin over the governing Socialists.
"Spain is thirsty for elections," Rajoy told supporters, adding that the only thing that the country was waiting for was for the exact date of the elections to be announced.
He also acknowledged the need for reforms to the labor market, and education, financial and energy sectors, but didn't offer any specific details.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Tries to Offload Engineers to Brazil
- Spain Bad Bank Begins Sale of Property Assets
- Former Spanish PM Aznar Set for Comeback
- Spain Wastes €680 Million on Submarines That Sink
- A Bar for Every 132 Spaniards
- Spain Cyber Crime Capital of Europe
- Corvera Will Not Cost Murcia One Euro
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015