How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain to announce scheme to create new employment opportunities
Spain's government is expected to announce new measures next week to stimulate job creation, the Labour Minister said on Sunday, following last week's data revealing unemployment rates at their highest for 13 years.
"The time has come to improve conditions for businesses so they can hire, a decent cost cut for those that contract (new workers) right now," the Minister stated earlier today during a radio interview on Spanish radio.
The country's unemployment rate stood at 20.3% at the end of 2010, twice the EU average and the highest in the developed world.
Since the collapse of the property and construction market in 2008, almost 3 million workers have lost their jobs.
The Minister went on to say how the programme will also help to regulate up to 150,000 workers currently paid cash-in-hand for their services.
Spain's black eceonomy is estimated to be worth around 200 billion euros, representing a staggering 20% of the economy overall, according to some estimates.
Spain's financial system overall is coming under intense scrutiny by investors concerned that high unemployment levels and stagnant growth will force the government to apply for an Ireland-style bailout from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.
Latest News & Stories
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Can I claim UK benefits if I am widowed in Spain ?
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain