How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 27 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to announce scheme to create new employment opportunities
Spain's government is expected to announce new measures next week to stimulate job creation, the Labour Minister said on Sunday, following last week's data revealing unemployment rates at their highest for 13 years.
"The time has come to improve conditions for businesses so they can hire, a decent cost cut for those that contract (new workers) right now," the Minister stated earlier today during a radio interview on Spanish radio.
The country's unemployment rate stood at 20.3% at the end of 2010, twice the EU average and the highest in the developed world.
Since the collapse of the property and construction market in 2008, almost 3 million workers have lost their jobs.
The Minister went on to say how the programme will also help to regulate up to 150,000 workers currently paid cash-in-hand for their services.
Spain's black eceonomy is estimated to be worth around 200 billion euros, representing a staggering 20% of the economy overall, according to some estimates.
Spain's financial system overall is coming under intense scrutiny by investors concerned that high unemployment levels and stagnant growth will force the government to apply for an Ireland-style bailout from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.
Latest News & Stories
- FCO Reveals Ridiculous Expat Requests
- Spain's vehicle production up 10.56% in Feb.
- Orange Spain collects used smartphones for Unicef project
- Low cost airline passengers arriving in Spain up 9.2%
- Rajoy’s Adviser ; "No Election Spending Spree in Spain"
- Investigators rule out mid-air explosion as cause of Alps crash
- Spain to offer passports for Sephardic Jews by May ?
- Spain sees new Bank launched for Expats
- Spain's Telefonica sells O2 UK to Hong Kong
- 2 Dead in Valencia Floods
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Can I claim UK benefits if I am widowed in Spain ?
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain