How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to announce scheme to create new employment opportunities
Spain's government is expected to announce new measures next week to stimulate job creation, the Labour Minister said on Sunday, following last week's data revealing unemployment rates at their highest for 13 years.
"The time has come to improve conditions for businesses so they can hire, a decent cost cut for those that contract (new workers) right now," the Minister stated earlier today during a radio interview on Spanish radio.
The country's unemployment rate stood at 20.3% at the end of 2010, twice the EU average and the highest in the developed world.
Since the collapse of the property and construction market in 2008, almost 3 million workers have lost their jobs.
The Minister went on to say how the programme will also help to regulate up to 150,000 workers currently paid cash-in-hand for their services.
Spain's black eceonomy is estimated to be worth around 200 billion euros, representing a staggering 20% of the economy overall, according to some estimates.
Spain's financial system overall is coming under intense scrutiny by investors concerned that high unemployment levels and stagnant growth will force the government to apply for an Ireland-style bailout from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.
Latest News & Stories
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Can I claim UK benefits if I am widowed in Spain ?
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain