How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 28 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Inland Spain 'Totally Different'
Expatriates who are thinking about relocating to Spain might want to consider the benefits of different areas.
Tom Hall, travel editor at Lonely Planet, said that inland Spain tends to offer "a totally different atmosphere [to the beach resorts], still very traditional and very Spanish".
The comments follow news that the Spanish property market is set to enjoy a recovery in 2011.
German property group IVG published figures revealing that low rents are increasingly attracting demand and the sector may well recover faster from the debt crisis than its wider economy.
in Spanish cities, like Madrid and Barcelona, have fallen by more than 40 per cent since the fourth quarter of 2008.
Thomas Beyerle, corporate social responsibility and research head at IVG, told Reuters journalists: "Theoretically, the real estate market always follows in the steps of the wider economy, with a delay of around 18 months.
"With Spain it is likely that we will see a case of reverse psychology."
added that rents will most likely continue to fall early in the year but "they will soon pick up".
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Catholic Church wants jail for protestors who interrupted Mass
- Vodafone Spain launches exclusive gold S6 Edge+
- Four feared dead in Spanish Firework factory explosion
- Jet2 drops San Javier Murcia to Edinburgh route
- More than 100,000 People Remain Missing in Spain
- Rajoy: 'Spain's reforms have fully paid off'
- Vehicle stopped in Austria carrying immigrants had Spanish plates
- Spain 'willing' to improve cross-border law enforcement with Gibraltar
- Man gored in Spanish bull run, death toll reaches 12
- Spain Permits Russian sub to Refuel off Gibraltar