How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 30 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Inland Spain 'Totally Different'
Expatriates who are thinking about relocating to Spain might want to consider the benefits of different areas.
Tom Hall, travel editor at Lonely Planet, said that inland Spain tends to offer "a totally different atmosphere [to the beach resorts], still very traditional and very Spanish".
The comments follow news that the Spanish property market is set to enjoy a recovery in 2011.
German property group IVG published figures revealing that low rents are increasingly attracting demand and the sector may well recover faster from the debt crisis than its wider economy.
in Spanish cities, like Madrid and Barcelona, have fallen by more than 40 per cent since the fourth quarter of 2008.
Thomas Beyerle, corporate social responsibility and research head at IVG, told Reuters journalists: "Theoretically, the real estate market always follows in the steps of the wider economy, with a delay of around 18 months.
"With Spain it is likely that we will see a case of reverse psychology."
added that rents will most likely continue to fall early in the year but "they will soon pick up".
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Banco Popular posts 2% rise in nine-month profit
- Spain to see Google Tax effective Jan 1st
- Spain 2nd highest inequality in the EU : Oxfam
- Spain's consumer prices fall by 0.1% in Oct
- Spain stock market regulator registers Orange request to bid for Jazztel
- Owners of Spain's Parques Reunidos consider sale
- Spain postpones IPO for AENA sale
- Spain state adviser backs Catalonia referendum block
- Spain's Abertis to list telecoms business
- Spain September retail sales up 1.1% year on year