How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 26 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
AENA finds no agreement with controllers on last day of talks
Spain's Airport Authority - AENA - were unable to reach agreement with Air Traffic Controllers on the last day of talks concerning changes to their salaries and working conditions yesterday.
Meetings had been held every day for the last two weeks, and now as no agreement has been found Ex Employment Minister, Manuel Pimentel will act as the agreed arbitrator, and resolve the differences between the two parties. He has been given a deadline of February 28 to broker an agreement which both sides will have to accept.
The conflict over pay and working conditions for the air traffic controllers has already lasted more than a year. It’s understood the problem has been working conditions, as both wages and working hours were agreed by both sides last August.
It is now well over a year since the conflict between AENA and the air traffic controllers began, due to proposed changes to their salaries, hours and working conditions. Some of these changes have already been agreed to, and took effect over the course of last year, while others are still causing conflict. The problem is believed to be the issue of working conditions, which has already lead to a wildcat strike over Spain's holiay weekend at the begining of December.
Latest News & Stories
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemos’s Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid
- Spain announces EU1.26 Bln suburban rail spend
- Spain to make another EU bailout repayment
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain