How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Press advertising in Spain expected to fall in 2011
The results of a survey released today by Zenith Vigia, has revealed how Spanish businesses are expected to spend an additional 2.1% more on advertising this year than they did in 2010.
The media specialists, who questioned members of the media last month, released a statement which announced "A strongly negative cycle should have ended in which advertising investment in media fell by almost a third of its 2007 volume in two years." The Spanish economy emerged from an 18-month long recession in the first quarter of 2010, but has been limping along ever since with growth either stagnating or minimal in the following quarters.
"Although it isn't easy to make forecasts in a climate as confused as that of our country's economy, everything seems to indicate that the worst of the crisis has passed for the advertising market and we are approaching years of moderate growth."
However, advertising in the press will continue to witness a drop in spend this year, according to the survey. Newspapers polled in January expected a 3.5% fall over the year, compared with the 3.3% fall they forecast in November. Meanwhile, advertising spending on national TV saw a 3.3% increase in January, an increase on the 2.2% forecast in November.
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis