How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 27 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Press advertising in Spain expected to fall in 2011
The results of a survey released today by Zenith Vigia, has revealed how Spanish businesses are expected to spend an additional 2.1% more on advertising this year than they did in 2010.
The media specialists, who questioned members of the media last month, released a statement which announced "A strongly negative cycle should have ended in which advertising investment in media fell by almost a third of its 2007 volume in two years." The Spanish economy emerged from an 18-month long recession in the first quarter of 2010, but has been limping along ever since with growth either stagnating or minimal in the following quarters.
"Although it isn't easy to make forecasts in a climate as confused as that of our country's economy, everything seems to indicate that the worst of the crisis has passed for the advertising market and we are approaching years of moderate growth."
However, advertising in the press will continue to witness a drop in spend this year, according to the survey. Newspapers polled in January expected a 3.5% fall over the year, compared with the 3.3% fall they forecast in November. Meanwhile, advertising spending on national TV saw a 3.3% increase in January, an increase on the 2.2% forecast in November.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s six leading banks all set to pass the EU’s stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spain’s Audit Office says €300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain