How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Press advertising in Spain expected to fall in 2011
The results of a survey released today by Zenith Vigia, has revealed how Spanish businesses are expected to spend an additional 2.1% more on advertising this year than they did in 2010.
The media specialists, who questioned members of the media last month, released a statement which announced "A strongly negative cycle should have ended in which advertising investment in media fell by almost a third of its 2007 volume in two years." The Spanish economy emerged from an 18-month long recession in the first quarter of 2010, but has been limping along ever since with growth either stagnating or minimal in the following quarters.
"Although it isn't easy to make forecasts in a climate as confused as that of our country's economy, everything seems to indicate that the worst of the crisis has passed for the advertising market and we are approaching years of moderate growth."
However, advertising in the press will continue to witness a drop in spend this year, according to the survey. Newspapers polled in January expected a 3.5% fall over the year, compared with the 3.3% fall they forecast in November. Meanwhile, advertising spending on national TV saw a 3.3% increase in January, an increase on the 2.2% forecast in November.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Tries to Offload Engineers to Brazil
- Spain Bad Bank Begins Sale of Property Assets
- Former Spanish PM Aznar Set for Comeback
- Spain Wastes €680 Million on Submarines That Sink
- A Bar for Every 132 Spaniards
- Spain Cyber Crime Capital of Europe
- Corvera Will Not Cost Murcia One Euro
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015