How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 27 October 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Telefonica announces lower than expected profits
Telefonica posted worse-than-expected results on Friday as its performance in its home market dragged down results.
The telecoms company posted a 30.8% rise in full-year net profit to make 10.17 billion euros below the 11.3 billion euros forecast by 10 analysts in a Reuters poll.
Revenue rose 7.1% to 60.74 billion euros and operating income before depreciation and amortisation rose 14.0% to 25.78 billion.
Telefonica's domestic business has been pummelled by the collapse of Spain's property boom, saddling Spaniards with debt and intensifying competition in telecoms.
The performance of the euro zone's largest telecom company was skewed by the one-off 3.5 billion euro gain from Vivo following its purchase of Portugal Telecom's stake in Brazil's biggest cellphone operator.
Latest News & Stories
- Balearics Fight to Keep GMT
- Outrage as Spain Wins £150m UK Steel Contract
- Rajoy set to be reinvested as Prime Minster
- Russia Withdraws Refuelling Request to Spain
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain