How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Telefonica announces lower than expected profits
Telefonica posted worse-than-expected results on Friday as its performance in its home market dragged down results.
The telecoms company posted a 30.8% rise in full-year net profit to make 10.17 billion euros below the 11.3 billion euros forecast by 10 analysts in a Reuters poll.
Revenue rose 7.1% to 60.74 billion euros and operating income before depreciation and amortisation rose 14.0% to 25.78 billion.
Telefonica's domestic business has been pummelled by the collapse of Spain's property boom, saddling Spaniards with debt and intensifying competition in telecoms.
The performance of the euro zone's largest telecom company was skewed by the one-off 3.5 billion euro gain from Vivo following its purchase of Portugal Telecom's stake in Brazil's biggest cellphone operator.
Latest News & Stories
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain