How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Telefonica announces lower than expected profits
Telefonica posted worse-than-expected results on Friday as its performance in its home market dragged down results.
The telecoms company posted a 30.8% rise in full-year net profit to make 10.17 billion euros below the 11.3 billion euros forecast by 10 analysts in a Reuters poll.
Revenue rose 7.1% to 60.74 billion euros and operating income before depreciation and amortisation rose 14.0% to 25.78 billion.
Telefonica's domestic business has been pummelled by the collapse of Spain's property boom, saddling Spaniards with debt and intensifying competition in telecoms.
The performance of the euro zone's largest telecom company was skewed by the one-off 3.5 billion euro gain from Vivo following its purchase of Portugal Telecom's stake in Brazil's biggest cellphone operator.
Latest News & Stories
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain