How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Iberdrola announce profits thanks to green energy
Iberdrola, currently the world’s largest producer of wind energy, exceeded analysts’ expectations last year in reporting 2.9 billion Euros in profits — analysts had expected returns of 2.17 billion Euros. Furthermore, the company’s power generation rose 8%, reaching 154'073 gigawatt hours and they produced almost 50% of that electricity without emitting any carbon dioxide.
Iberdrola has 44,991 megawatts of energy production worldwide, with operations in numerous countries. Of that production wind and solar account for 28%, hydropower for 22%, and nuclear plants for 7.4%, with production of wind and solar increasing to 12,532 gigawatts last year. Iberdrola currently generates about 50% of all energy outside of Spain and is planning to invest large sums into renewable energy in the US and UK in the coming years.
The benefits of 'green energy' to the environment are undisputed, but following the financial success of such an initiative from one of the biggest renewable energy producers in the world, should mean that other providers will start to take note.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain