How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 24 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Iberdrola announce profits thanks to green energy
Iberdrola, currently the world's largest producer of wind energy, exceeded analysts' expectations last year in reporting 2.9 billion Euros in profits - analysts had expected returns of 2.17 billion Euros. Furthermore, the company's power generation rose 8%, reaching 154'073 gigawatt hours and they produced almost 50% of that electricity without emitting any carbon dioxide.
Iberdrola has 44,991 megawatts of energy production worldwide, with operations in numerous countries. Of that production wind and solar account for 28%, hydropower for 22%, and nuclear plants for 7.4%, with production of wind and solar increasing to 12,532 gigawatts last year. Iberdrola currently generates about 50% of all energy outside of Spain and is planning to invest large sums into renewable energy in the US and UK in the coming years.
The benefits of 'green energy' to the environment are undisputed, but following the financial success of such an initiative from one of the biggest renewable energy producers in the world, should mean that other providers will start to take note.
Latest News & Stories
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y
- Security fears hit Thomas Cook as tourists choose Spain over Turkey
- Ryanair offers €20 flights to UK to vote against Brexit
- Spain's MasMovil unveils internet-only plans
- Vodafone Spain targeting 9 mln fibre homes in 3-4 months
- Spain's public debt rises 14 billion euros in March
- Spain’s public debt over 100% of GDP for first time in more than a century
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain