How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 15 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Iberdrola announce profits thanks to green energy
Iberdrola, currently the world’s largest producer of wind energy, exceeded analysts’ expectations last year in reporting 2.9 billion Euros in profits — analysts had expected returns of 2.17 billion Euros. Furthermore, the company’s power generation rose 8%, reaching 154'073 gigawatt hours and they produced almost 50% of that electricity without emitting any carbon dioxide.
Iberdrola has 44,991 megawatts of energy production worldwide, with operations in numerous countries. Of that production wind and solar account for 28%, hydropower for 22%, and nuclear plants for 7.4%, with production of wind and solar increasing to 12,532 gigawatts last year. Iberdrola currently generates about 50% of all energy outside of Spain and is planning to invest large sums into renewable energy in the US and UK in the coming years.
The benefits of 'green energy' to the environment are undisputed, but following the financial success of such an initiative from one of the biggest renewable energy producers in the world, should mean that other providers will start to take note.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport "will not cost Murcia a cent"
- Orange to Buy Spain's Jazztel for EU3.1 Bln
- PP u-turn over Spain abortion reform
- 11 Years of Spanish Property
- Spanish Consumer Prices Fall Further in August
- Catalonia awaits Scotland Independence vote
- Spain 'could export 50% of all Europe's Gas requirements'
- Ana Botin succeeds as Chair of Banco Santander following death of Emilio Botin
- President of Murcia called upon not to offer 'Corvera guarantees' to Paramount
- 15,000 Spanish Lawyers could lose immunity
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain