How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
IMF Chief has confidence in Spain
According to the head of the IMF, Spain has made progress in regaining the confidence of the markets and has neither asked for financial help, nor is likely to require it.
Dominique Strauss-Kahn was speaking to the world's press in an interview given earlier this morning.
Investors are closely monitoring the effects of recent reforms in Spain to see how the country gets its finances back in order following the recession of 2008. Earlier last month Moody's credit ratings agency downgraded Spain's long-term credit rating by a notch to "Aa2".
They also seemed unconvinced that the government had done all it could do to cut public spending and restructure its banking system. They warned that they may make further downgraded to the rating of the country in the near future.
Just 2 weeks ago Moody's also downgraded the credit ratings of 30 Spanish banks, warning that the government might not be in a position to bail out each troubled bank. The three biggest Spanish banks - Banco Santander, BBVA and La Caixa - were the only ones to escape being downgraded.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- What is the Euribor ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage