How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 9 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
IMF Chief has confidence in Spain
According to the head of the IMF, Spain has made progress in regaining the confidence of the markets and has neither asked for financial help, nor is likely to require it.
Dominique Strauss-Kahn was speaking to the world's press in an interview given earlier this morning.
Investors are closely monitoring the effects of recent reforms in Spain to see how the country gets its finances back in order following the recession of 2008. Earlier last month Moody's credit ratings agency downgraded Spain's long-term credit rating by a notch to "Aa2".
They also seemed unconvinced that the government had done all it could do to cut public spending and restructure its banking system. They warned that they may make further downgraded to the rating of the country in the near future.
Just 2 weeks ago Moody's also downgraded the credit ratings of 30 Spanish banks, warning that the government might not be in a position to bail out each troubled bank. The three biggest Spanish banks - Banco Santander, BBVA and La Caixa - were the only ones to escape being downgraded.
Latest News & Stories
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan
- Spanish grave opened on order of Argentine judge unearths painful past
- PSOE leaves territorial issues to one side in bid to close cross-party deals
- Spain's image improves 'almost around the world'
- Spain arrests seven with suspected Islamist militant links
- What is the Euribor ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage