How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Dixons confirms to exit Spain, 1,200 jobs to go
Europe's No.2 electrical goods retailer, is closing its 34 loss-making stores in Spain shedding around 1,200 jobs.
The British group, which said last month it was looking at exiting Spain as it issued a profit warning, said on Thursday it made the decision to close its PC City stores in the country as a result of a continued weak consumer environment.
"The management committee of PC City has informed the employee representatives about the decision in order to start appropriate actions for the compulsory redundancy scheme which will be submitted to the relevant Spanish Labour Authority," it said in a statement.
"Management will also look for solutions that secure employment for as many employees as possible."
At 0710 GMT, shares in Dixons, which runs Currys and PC World stores in Britain, were up 1.2% at 12.31 pence, valuing the business at about 440 million pounds.
Latest News & Stories
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business