How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 22 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Dixons confirms to exit Spain, 1,200 jobs to go
Europe's No.2 electrical goods retailer, is closing its 34 loss-making stores in Spain shedding around 1,200 jobs.
The British group, which said last month it was looking at exiting Spain as it issued a profit warning, said on Thursday it made the decision to close its PC City stores in the country as a result of a continued weak consumer environment.
"The management committee of PC City has informed the employee representatives about the decision in order to start appropriate actions for the compulsory redundancy scheme which will be submitted to the relevant Spanish Labour Authority," it said in a statement.
"Management will also look for solutions that secure employment for as many employees as possible."
At 0710 GMT, shares in Dixons, which runs Currys and PC World stores in Britain, were up 1.2% at 12.31 pence, valuing the business at about 440 million pounds.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business