How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Dixons confirms to exit Spain, 1,200 jobs to go
Europe's No.2 electrical goods retailer, is closing its 34 loss-making stores in Spain shedding around 1,200 jobs.
The British group, which said last month it was looking at exiting Spain as it issued a profit warning, said on Thursday it made the decision to close its PC City stores in the country as a result of a continued weak consumer environment.
"The management committee of PC City has informed the employee representatives about the decision in order to start appropriate actions for the compulsory redundancy scheme which will be submitted to the relevant Spanish Labour Authority," it said in a statement.
"Management will also look for solutions that secure employment for as many employees as possible."
At 0710 GMT, shares in Dixons, which runs Currys and PC World stores in Britain, were up 1.2% at 12.31 pence, valuing the business at about 440 million pounds.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business