How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's Zapatero affirms EU goal of Japan trade deal
Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero on Friday affirmed the European Union's goal of reaching a free trade deal with Japan.
The near-completion of a trade accord between the EU and South Korea has stoked Japanese fears of dwindling sales in Europe and prompted Tokyo last year to request a free trade accord of its own.
"We hope to sign the trade agreement with South Korea and Japan," Zapatero, speaking through an interpreter, told the Boao business forum on the southern Chinese island of Hainan.
Spurred by Japan's earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis, EU leaders last month agreed to invite Japan to negotiate closer trade ties with the 27-nation bloc, the world's biggest market.
But the EU's top trade official said on Wednesday that Japan must prove it is willing to open its markets to imports from the EU if it wants to launch talks at a summit in late May.
Japan must first prove it is willing to dismantle rules that slow European goods entering its market and block European firms from bidding for big public works contracts, said EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht, who De Gucht negotiates trade policy on behalf of EU members.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's average Electric bill up 19% since January
- Earthquake off Canary Islands Measuring 4.4
- Madrid considers appealing Catalan referendum bid
- Spain defends Canary Island oil proposal
- Fitch Affirms Spain at 'BBB+' Outlook Stable
- Spain's Bankia 9 month forecast up 93%
- Why Spain's Poor Fear Goldman Sachs : Report
- How Spain's Social Housing Imploded
- Spain's AENA prospectus filing postponed
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall