How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 24 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's Zapatero affirms EU goal of Japan trade deal
Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero on Friday affirmed the European Union's goal of reaching a free trade deal with Japan.
The near-completion of a trade accord between the EU and South Korea has stoked Japanese fears of dwindling sales in Europe and prompted Tokyo last year to request a free trade accord of its own.
"We hope to sign the trade agreement with South Korea and Japan," Zapatero, speaking through an interpreter, told the Boao business forum on the southern Chinese island of Hainan.
Spurred by Japan's earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis, EU leaders last month agreed to invite Japan to negotiate closer trade ties with the 27-nation bloc, the world's biggest market.
But the EU's top trade official said on Wednesday that Japan must prove it is willing to open its markets to imports from the EU if it wants to launch talks at a summit in late May.
Japan must first prove it is willing to dismantle rules that slow European goods entering its market and block European firms from bidding for big public works contracts, said EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht, who De Gucht negotiates trade policy on behalf of EU members.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you donít hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Tax Agency uncovers Ä20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland
- Spanish GDP will not return to pre-crisis levels until 2017 : IMF