How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain top of the table for best value
Spain has topped the tables in a ranking of the best value for money holiday locations in Europe and other holiday destinations.
Post Office Travel Money commissioned the report, which reviewed the cost of a selection of ten products commonly used by toourists in different countries and found that Spain emerged as the cheapest, followed by Bulgaria, Portugal, Greece and Dubai.
It was found that Greece and Turkey will offer much better value for money for UK visitors this year, compared to previous years, with bars, restaurants and other businesses cutting prices in order to attract more foriegn visitors. Even so, they are still placed behind the ever-popular Spain.
The report also detailed how the pound will go a little further in the US, Dubai and Egypt this summer.
Post Office Travel Money, noted: 'This year's barometer shows that prices are pretty competitive in the top European holiday destinations even though sterling remains unpredictable.
'While Spain is undoubtedly best value overall, the healthy price fall in Greece means that this traditional favourite can once again be considered a good bet for wallet-watching holidaymakers.'
Latest News & Stories
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier