How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 29 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Significant rise in interest in Spanish properties reported
There has been a significant increase in the number of Brits searching for bargain Spanish properties following the country's economic downturn, it was revealed today.
Portugal's recent misfortune is also leading to increased property inquiries there, a survey commissioned by property company Rightmove Overseas and foreign exchange firm Moneycorp concluded.
It was also found that inquiries for properties in Australia and New Zealand dropped the most last month.
In total searches for all property overseas grew by 1.2% in March 2011 compared with the previous month, the survey revealed.
The province of Valencia in Spain saw the biggest increase in searches - with growth of more than 166%.
Overall, interest in Portuguese property rose 14.36% last month, while Greece was up more than 6%.
Moneycorp dealing manager David Kerns said: "Savvy investors are making the most of the vulnerable property markets in Europe and there are bargains to be had with property in Spain and Portugal."
Shameem Golamy, head of the overseas section at Rightmove, said: "The current climate means that if you are a buyer, you are spoilt for choice among the hundreds of properties with huge price reductions available, all over the Mediterranean."
Latest News & Stories
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Spain August retail sales rise 0.4% year on year
- Spain's Constitutional Court Declares Referendum "Illegal"
- Spain's Energy Providers Given Freedom to Impose Hikes
- 68% of British Expats Are Happier Abroad
- Taxes, fees: Spain's battle between utilities and solar
- Spain Forecasts GDP to Grow 2% in 2015
- Catalonian leader orders referendum on independence from Spain
- Legionnaire's disease claims 8th life in Spain
- Prostitution and drugs account for €9bn of Spain’s GDP : INE
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- Choosing an Estate Agent
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes