How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Significant rise in interest in Spanish properties reported
There has been a significant increase in the number of Brits searching for bargain Spanish properties following the country's economic downturn, it was revealed today.
Portugal's recent misfortune is also leading to increased property inquiries there, a survey commissioned by property company Rightmove Overseas and foreign exchange firm Moneycorp concluded.
It was also found that inquiries for properties in Australia and New Zealand dropped the most last month.
In total searches for all property overseas grew by 1.2% in March 2011 compared with the previous month, the survey revealed.
The province of Valencia in Spain saw the biggest increase in searches - with growth of more than 166%.
Overall, interest in Portuguese property rose 14.36% last month, while Greece was up more than 6%.
Moneycorp dealing manager David Kerns said: "Savvy investors are making the most of the vulnerable property markets in Europe and there are bargains to be had with property in Spain and Portugal."
Shameem Golamy, head of the overseas section at Rightmove, said: "The current climate means that if you are a buyer, you are spoilt for choice among the hundreds of properties with huge price reductions available, all over the Mediterranean."
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- Choosing an Estate Agent
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes