How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Madrid court bans Atheist march
A court in Spain has denied the Madrid Association of Atheists and Free-Thinkers permission to march in a procession today - Maundy Thursday.
The court ruled that holding such a march today would be offensive to Catholics, who traditionally celebrate today by holidng religious themed processions of their own.
The Madrid Superior Court of Justice passed the ruling yesterday after the association appealed against the ban, which was initially imposed by the Ministry of the Interior last week.
The Madrid office for the Ministry had argued that the proposed route of the march would pass by a number of Catholic churches and could cause offence to many Catholics, and possibly result in confrontation. The court also found it necessary to uphold the image of the city.
Latest News & Stories
- Magaluf police implicated in suspected extortion ring
- Morocco and Spain agree on information exchange
- Catalonia call independence vote despite Scottish 'no
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities