How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 31 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Madrid court bans Atheist march
A court in Spain has denied the Madrid Association of Atheists and Free-Thinkers permission to march in a procession today - Maundy Thursday.
The court ruled that holding such a march today would be offensive to Catholics, who traditionally celebrate today by holidng religious themed processions of their own.
The Madrid Superior Court of Justice passed the ruling yesterday after the association appealed against the ban, which was initially imposed by the Ministry of the Interior last week.
The Madrid office for the Ministry had argued that the proposed route of the march would pass by a number of Catholic churches and could cause offence to many Catholics, and possibly result in confrontation. The court also found it necessary to uphold the image of the city.
Latest News & Stories
- New PP Delegate for Murcia brings Corvera Airport Confidence ?
- Spain's Podemos losing support amongst voters - poll
- Spain worse place in Europe for Brits being scammed : Report
- Lycamobile Spain launches "unlimited" European calls plan
- Spain's Euskaltel agrees offer for R Cable
- Galicia crash inquiry stalls 2years after Spain’s deadliest train accident
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities