How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 6 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Data Protection Agency orders Google to remove links
The Spanish Data Protection Agency made an unprecedented ruling that Google should remove links on their search engine to material concerning a number of different people. Although the links point to content that was published many years ago, it is still widely and easily available on the net.
Dozens of people in Spain are fighting for the right to remain anonymous on the net and not to have details about them widely publicised across the web. Google has appealed the ruling to the national court - mainly on the grounds that they are not responsible for the content and simply link to material that the author has made available.
In all of the cases brought before the court saw the plaintiff petition the agency to have the information about them taken removed. Spain is supporting the plaintiffs rights to have the links in question removed, with experts watching closely, as any decision could set a troubling precedent by restricting access to public information.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities