How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 28 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Dozens of austerity protests held over the weekend
Thousands of protestors attended numerous rallies over the weekend in a stand against the government's austerity measures, intended to resolve the country's financial crisis.
Demonstrations were held in many of the larger Towns and Cities, the crowds comprising University students, social group members, activists, and unemployed people, all united in protest against the government and politicians responsible for the country's struggling economy, The Associated Press reported.
One demonstrator, Ines Bajo, told the press : “We the unemployed, the poorly paid, the subcontracted in precarious jobs, the youth of Spain, want change and a future with dignity.”
The rallies were organized by activists, youth groups, and some protesters who wore T-shirts handed out by the Youth Without a Future group.
"I have several degrees, speak many languages and still get paid a miserable salary," said Cristina Corbera, 25, who has finally found a job after one year of searching.
Latest News & Stories
- Guardia raids ruling Catalan party over illegal commissions
- Spain confident its Gibraltar tough policy is 'bearing fruit' and will continue
- Spain accuses suspect of running Islamic State network Morocco
- Consumption drives Spanish economy to grow in Q2
- Separatist says independent Catalonia would leave EU temporarily
- La Tomatina sets record on 70th Birthday
- Catalan citizenship offer enrages authorities in Valencia and Aragon
- Rajoy : "China volatility will not affect Spain forecasts"
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for ISIS
- Mosquito Virus Detected In Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain