How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Dozens of austerity protests held over the weekend
Thousands of protestors attended numerous rallies over the weekend in a stand against the government's austerity measures, intended to resolve the country's financial crisis.
Demonstrations were held in many of the larger Towns and Cities, the crowds comprising University students, social group members, activists, and unemployed people, all united in protest against the government and politicians responsible for the country's struggling economy, The Associated Press reported.
One demonstrator, Ines Bajo, told the press : “We the unemployed, the poorly paid, the subcontracted in precarious jobs, the youth of Spain, want change and a future with dignity.”
The rallies were organized by activists, youth groups, and some protesters who wore T-shirts handed out by the Youth Without a Future group.
"I have several degrees, speak many languages and still get paid a miserable salary," said Cristina Corbera, 25, who has finally found a job after one year of searching.
Latest News & Stories
- Castellon Airport costs Valencia €46,300 per day
- EU sends investigators to Leon Airport
- Germany cancels scheme to attract young jobless from abroad
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain