How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Barcelona bookies favourites to win Champions League
More so this week than usual, the subject of money seems to be the dominating force behind football and decisions surrounding the sport.
The 2011 UEFA Champions league cup final game between Barcelona and Manchester United is being held at Wembley stadium in London, however, for the first time the game is to be held on a weekend and on an evening - with kick off at 8.45pm CET tonight.
An estimated 86'000 spectators will watch the game from the stadium with a further 300 Million tuning in to watch the game from TV's at home or in bars and clubs around the world.
The clubs are fighting not only for pride and glory, but for the winning share of the £173m prize purse. The city of London itself is expected benefit economically to the tune of £45m as the fans take the opportunity of having a weekend fixture to have an extended city break.
Today's game will also be the last that Barcelona appears without shirt sponsorship. In 2006 the club announced a five year agreement with, however unlike a Sponsor, who pays for the privilege of shirt advertising, the club actually pays €1.5 million per year to UNICEF via the FC Barcelona Foundation.
Barcelona will end their refusal of corporate sponsorship for the next season, having signed a five-year €150m deal with the Qatar Foundation.
Despite a lack of shirt sponsor up to this point, International Accountancy company Deloitte recognise
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain
- Glossary of useful Legal, Financial & Procedural Phrases