How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 24 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
RBS fills last two slots on board
Royal Bank of Scotland, the part-nationalised lender, Friday completed an overhaul of its board with the appointment of two non-executive directors.
RBS has recruited Philip Scott, the outgoing finance director at insurer Aviva, and former Coca-Cola executive Penny Hughes, the bank said in a statement.
RBS, 70 percent state-owned after receiving a 20 billion pounds taxpayer-funded bailout last year, said the appointments fulfilled its pledge to the government to recruit three new independent directors.
The bank named Sandy Crombie, chief executive of insurer Standard Life, as a non-executive in May.
RBS said it had consulted UK Financial Investments (UKFI), the agency created to manage the government's banking stakes, about the appointment of Scott and Hughes.
Scott will lead the bank's new board-level risk committee and will start next month, while Hughes, who will sit on the remuneration committee, will join in January.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July
- Orange Spain adds free EU roaming to Family pack
- Despite devalued post-Brexit pound, British visitor numbers to Spanish hotels up 15%
- Ibiza flight delayed after ‘police officer’s gun accidentally goes off’