How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
RBS fills last two slots on board
Royal Bank of Scotland, the part-nationalised lender, Friday completed an overhaul of its board with the appointment of two non-executive directors.
RBS has recruited Philip Scott, the outgoing finance director at insurer Aviva, and former Coca-Cola executive Penny Hughes, the bank said in a statement.
RBS, 70 percent state-owned after receiving a 20 billion pounds taxpayer-funded bailout last year, said the appointments fulfilled its pledge to the government to recruit three new independent directors.
The bank named Sandy Crombie, chief executive of insurer Standard Life, as a non-executive in May.
RBS said it had consulted UK Financial Investments (UKFI), the agency created to manage the government's banking stakes, about the appointment of Scott and Hughes.
Scott will lead the bank's new board-level risk committee and will start next month, while Hughes, who will sit on the remuneration committee, will join in January.
Latest News & Stories
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling