How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 29 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Over 1'000 Seismic activities recorded on El Hierro
Over the last few weeks the smallest of the Canary Islands - El Hierro - has experienced over 1'000 'seismic activities'.
The activity peaked yesterday with 700 such activities, which have registered magnitudes of between 1.0 and 2.0, with the majority being recorded at depths of between 9km and 16km, however a few isolated activities were registered at just 4km.
This activity may suggest the movement of Magma underneath the Island's Volcano, but it does not necessarily indicate that there is an imminent eruption as much of the magma and gasses produced at these depths never reach the surface.
The Island, which has a population of 10'000, is the most 'Volcanically active' of the Canary Islands and has over 500 'Open Sky Volcano cones'. However, there has only ever been one recorded eruption of the largest 'Volcan de Lomo Negro'. That was in 1794 and the subsequent eruption lasted over 1 month.
The Canary Island's Directorate General of Security and Emergency in Tenerife is said to be monitoring the situation.
Latest News & Stories
- Lycamobile teams up with Telefonica to launch 4G in Spain
- Zara founder to spend EU320 Mln on breast cancer-screening for Spanish hospitals
- As Brexit rolls on, applications from Britons for Spanish citizenship surge
- 2.5 Million Passengers per year to arrive at Murcia's Corvera Airport
- Spain PM pledges EU 4.2 Bln investment in Catalonia
- Spain's growth may top 2.5 percent for next two to four years - minister
- Spainís Social Security shortfall rises to Ä18.6 billion in 2016
- Ryanair announce new flights to Spain from Newcastle
- Spain's Jazztel to increase fibre speed to 300Mbps
- Spanish government will have enough support to pass budget - minister
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?