How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Over 1'000 Seismic activities recorded on El Hierro
Over the last few weeks the smallest of the Canary Islands - El Hierro - has experienced over 1'000 'seismic activities'.
The activity peaked yesterday with 700 such activities, which have registered magnitudes of between 1.0 and 2.0, with the majority being recorded at depths of between 9km and 16km, however a few isolated activities were registered at just 4km.
This activity may suggest the movement of Magma underneath the Island's Volcano, but it does not necessarily indicate that there is an imminent eruption as much of the magma and gasses produced at these depths never reach the surface.
The Island, which has a population of 10'000, is the most 'Volcanically active' of the Canary Islands and has over 500 'Open Sky Volcano cones'. However, there has only ever been one recorded eruption of the largest 'Volcan de Lomo Negro'. That was in 1794 and the subsequent eruption lasted over 1 month.
The Canary Island's Directorate General of Security and Emergency in Tenerife is said to be monitoring the situation.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish debt hits 93.4% of GDP
- UK MP : Spain's Fishermen are "a Menace"
- Spain says NO as Catalonia referendum date set
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?