How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Over 1'000 Seismic activities recorded on El Hierro
Over the last few weeks the smallest of the Canary Islands - El Hierro - has experienced over 1'000 'seismic activities'.
The activity peaked yesterday with 700 such activities, which have registered magnitudes of between 1.0 and 2.0, with the majority being recorded at depths of between 9km and 16km, however a few isolated activities were registered at just 4km.
This activity may suggest the movement of Magma underneath the Island's Volcano, but it does not necessarily indicate that there is an imminent eruption as much of the magma and gasses produced at these depths never reach the surface.
The Island, which has a population of 10'000, is the most 'Volcanically active' of the Canary Islands and has over 500 'Open Sky Volcano cones'. However, there has only ever been one recorded eruption of the largest 'Volcan de Lomo Negro'. That was in 1794 and the subsequent eruption lasted over 1 month.
The Canary Island's Directorate General of Security and Emergency in Tenerife is said to be monitoring the situation.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- End to roaming charges will benefit EU expats
- Spain investigates Sanitas in Ä28.07 mln tax avoidance
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?